Western Union money transfer

How many digits should they be?

For CUIL: two digits - dni number - control digit. 11 digits total.
Make sure she is using the same tax id as when she opened the bank account.

I just called WU 15 minutes ago. But I did not understand the young lady very well (my fault) I did get the idea that she saying that yes the WU in supermarkets and pharmacies were open...and she did say something else but I was lost. Can anybody check this out...or confirm any of these locations in service? The phone number I called was 54 11 5293 5555....and wait time was short.
I just tried to call but they are open only until 6. I'll try again tomorrow morning and let you know. What part of town are you in? I'll ask about specific locations there that are open.

She's an Argentine resident but does NOT have citizenship...

Ok folks. It seems to have worked (WITH YOUR HELP!) even without Argentina nationality. I'll update if it was a problem being an extranjero.

I've sent cash to her once before. For cash it's very straight forward. I don't even think it asks for DNI.

But I'm trying to save her from going to the bank or WU to avoid Corona - especially since she's sick.
Hopefully she can use her debit card this way and just go to the grocery store to get some food.

Thanks so much!

I just tried to call but they are open only until 6. I'll try again tomorrow morning and let you know. What part of town are you in? I'll ask about specific locations there that are open.
Hello...and thank you so much....I live within shouting distance of Abaso mall. I am trying to collect $500 if they ask. And what number did you call on? thanks

I just called WU 15 minutes ago. But I did not understand the young lady very well (my fault) I did get the idea that she saying that yes the WU in supermarkets and pharmacies were open...and she did say something else but I was lost. Can anybody check this out...or confirm any of these locations in service? The phone number I called was 54 11 5293 5555....and wait time was short.

I just received a reply from customer service WU via email and she said that the only authorized agencies that will be working are some of the main like carrefour, chagomas. wamart or shopping malls but that the hours will vary depending on each agent. She did not give me any specifics or specific locations which is what I needed. So I will try to call tomorrow.

I just received a reply from customer service WU via email and she said that the only authorized agencies that will be working are some of the main like carrefour, chagomas. wamart or shopping malls but that the hours will vary depending on each agent. She did not give me any specifics or specific locations which is what I needed. So I will try to call tomorrow.
WU Agent Locator
1. Enter country.....Argentina
2. Address of recipient
3. I want to: .....

A menu will appear showing all the agents near the recipient's address + their individual hours of operation + ARG WU 0800 number.
Hours of local number: 5293 5555....9:00am-6:00pm

Last edited:
I wonder if now that bank's clearing resumes on Thursday if WU bank to bank will resume as well ?

Has anyone used WU to transfer GBP ie money coming from the UK? I haven't had any success so if anyone (who has done specifically that) is willing to advise me I'd appreciate it

Back