Western Union money transfer

If you mean WU at RapiPago outlets, not until the mandatory quarantine is lifted. It has been extended until April 13th.

I understand that they were talking about extending quarantine, but I have not seen any definitive decision yet.
Could you confirm that quarantine has been extended?

I understand that they were talking about extending quarantine, but I have not seen any definitive decision yet.

Every time AF uses the term "tentative" in relation to extending the quarantine period it's the early warning sign.

Last edited:
Thanks for you help Gracielle! I was trying to contact the bank yesterday but could not get through. I received an email from them on March 19 saying that my daily withdrawal limit at ATMs was raised to 25,000. Also there was a link to home banking to raise the daily limit to 39,000 pesos.
Recordá que las extracciones en nuestros cajeros son gratuitas y que podés ampliar el límite hasta $39.000 por Home Banking. So maybe the monthly limit has also increased because of the quarantine.
Hey Macanudo, does the bank to bank option with Western union work?
My company is offering to send my paycheck with WU, and they mentioned they see the option to send it to my Argentinean bank account. Did this work for you?

Hey Macanudo, does the bank to bank option with Western union work?
My company is offering to send my paycheck with WU, and they mentioned they see the option to send it to my Argentinean bank account. Did this work for you?
It has worked for many people as reported on this thread. I won’t know for sure if worked for me until I see the money in my account. Which bank do you have an account with?

28 March 2020
Coronavirus: a longer and tighter closure, the next stage of the war

....A second stage of confinement aims to offer more days of preparation for the coming combat. But will quarantine be sufficient until mid-April, when the peak of the outbreak is now expected in May?
....Health experts consulting the government's crisis cabinet believe that the next stage - which would last until after Easter - demands even more extreme measures of social distancing.
....While that operation is still a promise, the only option at hand to lower the contagion rate is to retain the population as much as possible in their homes. In the Casa Rosada circulate sketches of measures that could be issued during the second stage of the quarantine. One of them would be to limit the number of times a week that you can go to buy food (regulated with an online form in the style of those created for the excepted professions). Today they will watch with attention the premiere of the measure that Neuquén dictated consisting of establishing days of total prohibition of going out on the street.
....Sometimes reality collides with political will: the eternal queues at the ATMs that were registered on Friday, with people seeking to get money out of bonds and state allocations, made national and province officials in Buenos Aires desperate. No one had foreseen the health danger of so many people covered for hours. Fernández asked to study measures to prevent those scenes from repeating themselves....

I repeat...every time AF uses the term "tentative" in relation to extending the quarantine period it's the early warning sign.

Back