Western Union money transfer

So, WU is not working, or not working for those that attempted their first transfers during the quarantine? I will try a transfer this week and see how it goes.
Issues have been reported by some forum members with bank to bank transfers. Good luck.

Last edited:
It s working just fine. I think however that there is a serious backlog to process the declarations after the first two transfers for those that submitted it after mid March. If the declaration has not been processed the system will automatically reject any transfer after the 2nd one.
I have had no issues, such as e-mails, for approval since I started in October. I have been receiving 2 cash pick up transfers (under AR$35K each) every 90-day period. I provide a copy of the main page of my US passport and sign the same declaracion jurada at every pick up (currently located in the WU kiosk the Jumbo store near my house) or at the Correo Argentino. I don't do bank transfers.

Hi! Does anyone know which Western Union branch is open around Palermo? Also is the big western union located in Montevideo 825 near Callao station open too?? Thanks in advance!

Is there a limit on how much I can withdraw? Planning to get 75k pesos if it's possible.
I think the limit is based on available cash + this is the official :

At any of our Western Union stores or participating agent locations, you will be able to send up to 114,000 ARS per transfer,If you use Correo Argentino, then the limit per transfer is up to 15,000 ARS.

I think the limit is based on available cash + this is the official :

At any of our Western Union stores or participating agent locations, you will be able to send up to 114,000 ARS per transfer

is this something new?

I have heard about blokes, in social gatherings, who have withdrawn upto 240,000 pesos in one go prior to the cuarentena when 1 usd - 80

is this something new?

I have heard about blokes, in social gatherings, who have withdrawn upto 240,000 pesos in one go prior to the cuarentena when 1 usd - 80
Quoted from their website...

Let's see if my 4th transfer goes through. If it does then maybe they just have a backlog?
Today I received the email that the 4th transfer was also rejected. Even though the call center agent told me that everything was fine and the money would be on my bank account within 48 hours. Welcome to Argentina!

Back