Western Union money transfer

I withdrew 180,000 at Cordoba/Montevideo this week.

Do you happen to know what the actual limit for cash withdrawals is at the main WU place? The WU site from my country allows up to 5000 USD (but I'm obviously skeptical that they'll be ready to give me 600,000 pesos), and I'll need to transfer a significant amount in the next week or so to pay rent and bills.

Do you happen to know what the actual limit for cash withdrawals is at the main WU place? The WU site from my country allows up to 5000 USD (but I'm obviously skeptical that they'll be ready to give me 600,000 pesos), and I'll need to transfer a significant amount in the next week or so to pay rent and bills.
I don't know. A friend of mine is going this week. I could ask her to inquire about a limit.

Just a suggest, but rather than choke the horse with too much hay at one location you might consider splitting the amount of WU transfers. It might require going to more than one WU, but in the end you'd collect all your money. These are fragile times "Adapt, adopt, improve".

Don't you loose a lot of money with the spread the bitcoin has? For example, on the Argentine exchanges, this is the spread:
Cotización USD Coin
Precio en pesos y en tiempo real
Precio de compra$ 123.85
Precio de venta$ 114.39

Anyone know if you need some type of permission form to be allowed to the Correo Argentino to pick up money from Western Union? Last time we did it, about a month ago, my wife had trouble with the police trying to explain what she was doing, while he was asking for her 'permiso'? Any ideas? Or just a misinformed police officer.

Anyone know if you need some type of permission form to be allowed to the Correo Argentino to pick up money from Western Union? Last time we did it, about a month ago, my wife had trouble with the police trying to explain what she was doing, while he was asking for her 'permiso'? Any ideas? Or just a misinformed police officer.
On the last week of March I picked up a transfer at Correo Argentino in Caballito. No one in line was asked for a "permit" prior to entering the place.
How long ago did this incident happen? Is your wife a senior citizen?

Back