Western Union money transfer

I have been using WU for cash pickup once a month for two years. You need your passport. The address on your western union account needs to be the same as your passport. I have never had a problem. I go to the same office everytime. Pago Facil/ Western Union on Peru near Casa Rosada. They always have enough pesos.

TKS Great data ..! You used your Debit or Credit Card or direct withdrawal from your US Bank Account Option?

That way it will be a $25 fee per 500 bucks right?

From the westernunion.com website:

How does your receiver want the money?

Cash pick up

How would you like to pay?

Debit Card
In minutes
Fee 25.00 USD

Bank account

0-4 Business days
Fee 25.00 USD

Transfer amount 500.00 USD

Transfer fee + 25.00 USD

Transfer total 525.00 USD

PS: The transfer fee could be reduced (usually by $10) if you have a promo code

There is no fee if you send the funds to a bank account, but that can take up to four days

This has to be a record for WU. Did a bank-to-bank transfer this morning from my cap1 acct and only took 6 hrs. to show up here. Looks like Itau bank works pretty well with WU too. @ 147.200 a dollar. No fee of course.

Last edited:
This has to be a record for WU. Did a bank-to-bank transfer this morning from my cap1 acct and only took 6 hrs. to show up here. Looks like Itau bank works pretty well with WU too. @ 147.200 a dollar. No fee of course.
If you initiate the process before 9AM BA time you receive the money the same day in the PM, usually around 5-6pm. This has been the case for at least 4-5 months now.

Hello there.... I need help sending money to Argentina from a US bank account. Can it be done online? I don't have anyone there able to do it in person. Thanks....

Hello there.... I need help sending money to Argentina from a US bank account. Can it be done online? I don't have anyone there able to do it in person. Thanks....

I use WU to do that all the time. It's easy and very fast, but their fees are a bit steep, in my opinion. Basically it's $10 for the first hundred and $5 for each additional hundred. Thus, if I send myself 300 dollars, the fee is twenty bucks. And then they will pay you somewhat less than the current blue rate.

But their speed and service are amazingly good. Your money is available for pickup in minutes, not like Xoom where you have to wait three days or more. WU has never given me any hassle or asked for any additional paperwork. I go to the office, they put cash in my hand, and I leave.

I particularly suggest the big office downtown at Cordoba and Montevideo, but try to get there early. Before 10am is best. You do not want to be in there at noon.

Back