Western Union money transfer

Thanks for helping an anxious oldie here.

The best way would be to go to the big centres in Avenida Santa Fe. or Avenida Cordoba. Just search for them on google you will find them. They look very commercial. Don't go to "pop and mom" shops. They will not have it.

I encountered that several times at smaller WU offices. One day I was run around to 5 different locations before I gave up.

Now I use the big WU office at Cordoba and Montevideo, and I never have that problem.
It's 2 blocks east of Callao station on the D line, if you are using the subte; five blocks west of 9 de Julio.

Thanks to all for their input. I went to Cordoba and Montievideo and had success. I agree that this is the answer to prevent pick up issues.
Way too streesful and time consuming if you try to go to the little guys.

Thanks to all for their input. I went to Cordoba and Montievideo and had success. I agree that this is the answer to prevent pick up issues.
Way too streesful and time consuming if you try to go to the little guys.

I'm glad to hear things worked out for you. I go to that Cordoba office in the morning before 10:45, and I'm always in and out in no more than 5 or 6 minutes.

I encountered that several times at smaller WU offices. One day I was run around to 5 different locations before I gave up.

Now I use the big WU office at Cordoba and Montevideo, and I never have that problem.
It's 2 blocks east of Callao station on the D line, if you are using the subte; five blocks west of 9 de Julio.
I live in San Telmo. I always use the Pago Facil / Western Union on Peru near Casa Rosada. It is a big office and always has enough cash for my monthly pickup. I have also used the office on Cordoba just below Callao.

Yall think the rate is headed skyward? I do t see why not, we're going to experience a covid repeat as we did in the beginning. The conditions are lining up the same.

Hey folks. picked up my western union transfer today and was told that i wouldn't be able to do another transfer without a CDI. Does anyone know what that is or how to get one? Neither I nor my argentine girlfriend have ever even heard of it.

Hey folks. picked up my western union transfer today and was told that i wouldn't be able to do another transfer without a CDI. Does anyone know what that is or how to get one? Neither I nor my argentine girlfriend have ever even heard of it.
The CDI is the Argentine "taxpayer" identification number for a foreigner without a DNI and it is issued by AFIP.

I got mine at an office of AFIP nearest to my domicile when I was living in Capital Federal.

It might be possible to get yours online now from the AFIP website.

The implications of being asked for a CDI to continue to receive Western Union transfers are ominous, to say the least.

The CDI is the Argentine "taxpayer" identification number for a foreigner without a DNI and it is issued by AFIP.

I got mine at an office of AFIP nearest to my domicile when I was living in Capital Federal.

It might be possible to get yours online now from the AFIP website.

The implications of being asked for a CDI to continue to receive Western Union transfers are ominous, to say the least.

is it...necessary? I've been here for over a year without problem. Is it reasonable to expect that when i go to another WU location they won't bug me for it, or is this a requirement i should take seriously?

is it...necessary? I've been here for over a year without problem. Is it reasonable to expect that when i go to another WU location they won't bug me for it, or is this a requirement i should take seriously?
You may only know the answer when you go to another WU location to pick up your next transfer or when another member reports they have been told the same thing.

I seriously doubt that an employee at one WU agency just made it up, so I would take it seriously at this point and at least find out how to get a CDI before you make your next transfer.

Back