Western Union money transfer

5 posts about something you are not worried about? Just call them and ask what's going on.

Hah, it's a good point but I was just answering sneakrnet's followups. I'll do that and stop spamming the thread, sorry.

For what it's worth, one transfer I made in mid-Nov. said "Pending" for at least a month after my son received the funds in his bank account (deducted from my bank, entered into his within days). I complained to the webmaster and the the status changed to "unavailable", whatever that was supposed to mean, and finally a few weeks later it said " completed".

In Dec.a transfer to my daughter said "complete" for a week but the money DID NOT go into her bank account. She called her bank and they had no record of a transfer being made. Calling Western Union in BsAs, she was told "Oops, there was a small mistake made. Check your bank account in 1 minute". She did and the money magically appeared.

I first used WU in early November 2021 and it is difficult to feel confident with them.

FWIW: In WU agencies with Pago Facil you can receive larger amounts (>300k ARS) from the days 1 to 10 (or even 13) each month with no problems, when people are paying their bills – just be prepared to wait in long queues, or use the app from whyline.com to make an appointment.

You may also ask the WU for a phone number, then you may ask to make a reservation for larger amounts.

You may consider to send more money and change ARS to USD. If the WU rate is better than the blue you will get more USD than you have send. Later you can change them back to ARS … or even take them "home" and send them again with WU to Argentina ;D … 24th November when WU rate reached 215.9 the blue was about 201 (venta). Sending 10.000 USD, receiving 2.159.000 ARS exchanging to 10.741 USD (blue market) … For the 741 USD by a flight, visit family and carry 10.000 USD without declaration :D

You may consider to send more money and change ARS to USD. If the WU rate is better than the blue you will get more USD than you have send. Later you can change them back to ARS … or even take them "home" and send them again with WU to Argentina ;D … 24th November when WU rate reached 215.9 the blue was about 201 (venta). Sending 10.000 USD, receiving 2.159.000 ARS exchanging to 10.741 USD (blue market) … For the 741 USD by a flight, visit family and carry 10.000 USD without declaration :D

Well this is in the past for now. The blue is now well above the WU for now. Trying to do arbitrage with 10.000 is risky, it draws too much attention, you'd need to do 2-3 transactions as WU does not allow for 10k to be sent at once. And you would not have been able to buy at 201, that's the sell price, most likely at 205...so a lower "ganancia" of say 500 bucks. Still not bad but it carries its risks.

Upon trying to send myself money via WU online I receive a message "We're sorry, but that amount is higher than your online send limit."

I've tried sending just ARS$1000 and it still gives this message. Any ideas? I've had no problem sending in the past.

Upon trying to send myself money via WU online I receive a message "We're sorry, but that amount is higher than your online send limit."

I've tried sending just ARS$1000 and it still gives this message. Any ideas? I've had no problem sending in the past.
[/QUOTE
I stand corrected @Filipo
Apparently they have increased the max amount one can send to 50k USD per transaction.
@Soykoy restart your browser and the app and try again.

FWIW: In WU agencies with Pago Facil you can receive larger amounts (>300k ARS) from the days 1 to 10 (or even 13) each month with no problems, when people are paying their bills – just be prepared to wait in long queues, or use the app from whyline.com to make an appointment.

You may also ask the WU for a phone number, then you may ask to make a reservation for larger amounts.

How does whyline work with WesternUnion? Can you give the details? Do you for example enter the amount or confirmation number, passport number etc? Do you pay a fee. Thanks

How does whyline work with WesternUnion? Can you give the details? Do you for example enter the amount or confirmation number, passport number etc? Do you pay a fee. Thanks

Noline... At Western Union Montevideo & Cordoba A large sign says Over 60 have preference. Just move to the head of the line.

Back