Total
800.00 USD
Exchange rate
1.00 USD = 229.8000 ARS
Total to receiver
183840.00 ARS

This was my best on 1/28/2022
you are right. It was 229....good old days haha

It now takes 6 business days to get the cash and not one. Ouch.
On Tuesday, May 3rd I made a WU transfer before 8AM that was credited to my Santander Rio bank account just before 6 pm the same day.

On Monday, May 16th I made a WU transfer at 10:30 am that was credited to my account about 5 pm the next day.

I paid for both transfers using my Charles Schwab debit card and, in both cases, I received confirmation emails of the transfers in less than a minute from WU, indicating that the funds would be available in my bank account on the same day.

On Tuesday, May 3rd I made a WU transfer before 8AM that was credited to my Santander Rio bank account just before 6 pm the same day.

On Monday, May 16th I made a WU transfer at 10:30 am that was credited to my account about 5 pm the next day.

I paid for both transfers using my Charles Schwab debit card and, in both cases, I received confirmation emails of the transfers in less than a minute from WU, indicating that the funds would be available in my bank account on the same day.
Agreed; I make 2 transfers per month and they're always posted by the next day, at the latest.

I made a transfer earlier in the month, and had to wait couple days. I made a transfer this week, the money was available right away which has been the most common experience for me.

Changing the subject. How does WesternUnion make a profit when I pay zero fees and they give me better than blue rate. Or maybe they don't. Maybe it is just to build a customer base for future profits. I am just curios. Does anyone know for sure? Searched for the answer but couldn't find one.

Changing the subject. How does WesternUnion make a profit when I pay zero fees and they give me better than blue rate. Or maybe they don't. Maybe it is just to build a customer base for future profits. I am just curios. Does anyone know for sure? Searched for the answer but couldn't find one.
My best guess is that Rapi Pago is taking in a LOT of pesos in Argentina and an (if not the most) attractive exchange rate is a great way to get foreigners like us to give Western Union our more desirable dollars in exchange for some (perhaps only a small fraction) of those pesos...

...and I also imagine those dollars never appear in an Argentine bank account.

It's a recent development. I made a WU transfer on May 19th it arrived the next day May 20th.
When I made another transfer on Monday May 23rd, I expected to received it as usual the next day. It never hit my account, however. When I went back to check my confirmation it stated "6 business days", delivery date May 30.

Back