Western Union money transfer

Attention to those with bank accounts NOT based in the United States who currently still have to pay a transaction fee: I have 4 individualized free promotional codes from Western Union that I am not going to use that will expire at the end of June.

Here's the background story in a nutshell:

Over the past few months, there have been a few times I've been on the app or website and for whatever reason, it was like the site was just frozen. To me at the time, it wasn't urgent, so NBD. To my surprise, I received an automated email each time that happened from Western Union. This is what it read:

Dear Lauren,
We wanted to inform you that our services are available again. Our records indicate that you may have faced issues during your recent money transfer experience.
To apologize for the inconvenience, we'd like to waive the transfer fee* on your next qualifying transaction at WU.com, on our mobile app, or at a participating agent location.
Use the promotional code**: (the code was here) to send a zero transfer fee* qualifying money transfer by June 30, 2022. The promotional code must be entered exactly as displayed above.
Thank you for your patience.
Sincerely,
Western Union

If there are 4 individuals on this forum who would like one one the codes, just DM me. First come, first served. Happy Friday! :)

Attention to those with bank accounts NOT based in the United States who currently still have to pay a transaction fee: I have 4 individualized free promotional codes from Western Union that I am not going to use that will expire at the end of June.

Here's the background story in a nutshell:

Over the past few months, there have been a few times I've been on the app or website and for whatever reason, it was like the site was just frozen. To me at the time, it wasn't urgent, so NBD. To my surprise, I received an automated email each time that happened from Western Union. This is what it read:

Dear Lauren,
We wanted to inform you that our services are available again. Our records indicate that you may have faced issues during your recent money transfer experience.
To apologize for the inconvenience, we'd like to waive the transfer fee* on your next qualifying transaction at WU.com, on our mobile app, or at a participating agent location.
Use the promotional code**: (the code was here) to send a zero transfer fee* qualifying money transfer by June 30, 2022. The promotional code must be entered exactly as displayed above.
Thank you for your patience.
Sincerely,
Western Union

If there are 4 individuals on this forum who would like one one the codes, just DM me. First come, first served. Happy Friday! :)
I have one as well if anyone wants it. They say they can't be transfered but it is worth a try.

Any reason I can't get the discount code to work? Seems like the error code doesn't make any sense?Screenshot_20220530_162014_com.westernunion.moneytransferr3app.eu.jpg

Any reason I can't get the discount code to work? Seems like the error code doesn't make any sense?View attachment 8244
The name of your screenshot screenshot_20220530_162014_com-westernunion-moneytransferr3app-eu-jpg implies you are using the EU version of the app and sending from an EU country. that code doesnt work with EU version, but only the US version where the WU fee structure is based on a percentage of the amount transferred and not a fixed fee.

The name of your screenshot screenshot_20220530_162014_com-westernunion-moneytransferr3app-eu-jpg implies you are using the EU version of the app and sending from an EU country. that code doesnt work with EU version, but only the US version where the WU fee structure is based on a percentage of the amount transferred and not a fixed fee.
Oh, good catch!
But it says GBP, that's Sterling, right? I didn't think the UK was part of the EU anymore. Didn't they get kicked out or something?

Oh, good catch!
But it says GBP, that's Sterling, right? I didn't think the UK was part of the EU anymore. Didn't they get kicked out or something?
Northern Ireland is still part of the EU otherwise they are betraying Brexit and will have to petition western union for a great britain only version of the app.

Does this mean if I get the US version of WU on my phone I can sent money from my EU account to AR with no fees? Would be interesting especially for small amounts as WU fees are increasing very fast … tripled within 6 months, that's faster than Argentina's inflation.

Anyway, I would need to check how much I have to pay using my credit card abroad.

Last edited:
Back