Western Union money transfer

Do you guys know if it's possible to send WU within Argentina paying with a US debit card in stores?
WU Buenos aires to WU Córdoba.

Last edited:
Do you guys know if it's possible to send WU within Argentina paying with a US debit card in stores?
WU Buenos aires to WU Córdoba.
Even if it were possible you'd be getting the official rate so losing lot's of money. Send yourself the cash from the US and then as soon as you pick up the pesos send it to Cordoba.

Even if it were possible you'd be getting the official rate so losing lot's of money. Send yourself the cash from the US and then as soon as you pick up the pesos send it to Cordoba.
Good point! Thank you! I thought WU would charge me in dollars in stores as well.
Well, I tried to make a transaction online today on the website, it says I can only send money in WU locations with cash. I called WU, they said it's because I have been in the Dominican Republic, there are some restrictions... bla bla bla. Now I am back in Argentina, I still can't send money online.

Good point! Thank you! I thought WU would charge me in dollars in stores as well.
Well, I tried to make a transaction online today on the website, it says I can only send money in WU locations with cash. I called WU, they said it's because I have been in the Dominican Republic, there are some restrictions... bla bla bla. Now I am back in Argentina, I still can't send money online.

Are you sure you are on the American website

https://www.westernunion.com/us/en/home.html

and not on the Argentine's one

https://www.westernunion.com/ar/es/home.html

or Dominican, for that matter?

Well, yes, I used the same WU app that I use when I am in the US. Customer service said it's because I was in DR. I spent a few months in DR, WU said there are restrictions there. My problem is now I am in Argentina and still got the same error message.
I would try just using WU's US website (not the app) and setting up an account under a different email.

Back