Western Union money transfer

It's not the clients that are treated differently, it's the types of transactions. If you use debit or credit to send money, the transaction is in real time and the rate is set at the moment you hit enter. There is no future adjustment as the transaction is completed right then and there. When you send cash through WU shop in your country, they enter the amount and see the conversion rate. But this transaction is not finalized until you pick up cash on the other side - and that's where the final rate established.

Massa is the new Minister of Economy! Things could be crazy tomorrow, up, or down, or both. Obviously the government thinks this will help calm the markets, but we'll see. I did a defensive transfer as a hedge in case the dollar goes down tomorrow. (The government also had a successful placing of debt today, which will allow them to stop printing money for a little while. They had to raise the interest rate to 70% to do it. Lots of news for the markets to digest.)

nope, it isn't. have been doing it for years and never ever once i got the same rate. i explicitly asked every single time why there is a discrepancy and was explicitly told that the rate appears on their screen the moment they enter your info. sometimes it was less than the amount on the original receipt and sometimes it was more. but it always corresponded to the rate WU site showed at the moment of collection. I can only vouch for cash to cash transfers, never made any other type.
This has never been my experience. The rate is always locked in at the time you press send.

This has never been my experience. The rate is always locked in at the time you press send.
Same here - I always get the rate it shows when I set up the transaction. I send money from the US and this has always been my experience regardless of transaction type - bank to bank, cash to bank, cash to cash pickup, debit card for cash pickup, debit card to bank, etc.

I think the difference probably lies in where the transaction originates. My boyfriend used to have a student in Uruguay who sent him money for cash pickup here in Argentina. This student would send a specific dollar amount from Uruguay and WU paid it out at whatever the rate was when he went to get the money here in Argentina. This surprised me since it's completely different than how it works when I send money from my US account.

Do you think it's going lower? Should do our wires now?????
I think it would be wise to send at least half now, if not the whole thing. CCL in Ambito is now 310. It's very much in the government's interest to show the CCL down with these announced changes, and not up. I just did another transfer, just in case. There's the potential for a big drop in the transfer rate.

Back