Western Union money transfer

At the moment:
CCL: 289 (-10%)
MEP: 282 (-5.3%)
Dollar blue: 294-304 (-3.2%)
MG transfer to bank 295 (plus fee)
MG transfer for pickup 303.95 (plus fee)
WU 308.25 (GECO working)

At the moment:
CCL: 289 (-10%)
MEP: 282 (-5.3%)
Dollar blue: 294-304 (-3.2%)
MG transfer to bank 295 (plus fee)
MG transfer for pickup 303.95 (plus fee)
WU 308.25 (GECO working)

Does massa really bring that much support in the market? I'm no economic expert, but Arg reserves are still in shambles.

Edit: WU just changed to correspond with the CCL now. Mid transfer as well. :(

Last edited:
wow. 285 on western union! i wish i made some transfers... man. will it continue to go lower?!

I'm not a financial expert by any means but in my opinion, this is all hype and once everyone realizes the "emperor is (still) as naked as" last week, the rate should go back up.
Seriously, what besides absolutely nothing has changed regarding prices here? Anything go down?

It's lipstick on a pig but lipstick quickly wears off.

I'm not a financial expert by any means but in my opinion, this is all hype and once everyone realizes the "emperor is (still) as naked as" last week, the rate should go back up.
Seriously, what besides absolutely nothing has changed regarding prices here? Anything go down?

I agree with you. Fundamentals are still the same as they were a few days ago. But as I read in another thread, sometimes the economy moves in relation to politics rather than numbers or fundamentals.

Like everyone always says here though, it's usually always safe to bet against the peso long term.

they are betting on the agricultural dollar for their coffers - that explains the CCL in part and if the producers will indeed take adventure of the 30% of their income converted to dollars at a solidarity rate, a big chunk of those 'cheap' dollars will most probably end up on the black market, therefore lowering the blue rate...

they are betting on the agricultural dollar for their coffers - that explains the CCL in part and if the producers will indeed take adventure of the 30% of their income converted to dollars at a solidarity rate, a big chunk of those 'cheap' dollars will most probably end up on the black market, therefore lowering the blue rate...
This is Argentina; nothing ever makes sense.

Back