Western Union money transfer

are you using a VPN ( from the USA ) or just locally trying it from Argentina?

are you using a VPN ( from the USA ) or just locally trying it from Argentina?
Trying from Argentina. I just get an error that the bank account information is wrong. I thought maybe address was wrong - or name - etc.

Still not working. I was ecstatic to finally have a debit card too!

Is there a hold on the account? Do I need to activate my CUIL? (first time using it) Something seems to not be working.
i would go see your Galicia bank rep in person. I think i had to set something up for international transfer .. but i cant remember . it was a long time ago!

i would go see your Galicia bank rep in person. I think i had to set something up for international transfer .. but i cant remember . it was a long time ago!
May I ask which bank you are transferring from? My rep told me they only accept a few banks.. see below. Is this accurate?

Attachments

• IMG_3489.png
    IMG_3489.png
    928.5 KB · Views: 8
Trying from Argentina. I just get an error that the bank account information is wrong. I thought maybe address was wrong - or name - etc.
Is this the first transfer that you've done with your Western Union account? When I first started, I couldn't transfer bank to bank. I don't remember the error I got, but it didn't make sense. Then I tried a bank-to-pick-up transfer and it worked. After that I was able to transfer bank to bank. I don't know if that will help you, but it's something to try.

Did you try MoneyGram?

Is this the first transfer that you've done with your Western Union account? When I first started, I couldn't transfer bank to bank. I don't remember the error I got, but it didn't make sense. Then I tried a bank-to-pick-up transfer and it worked. After that I was able to transfer bank to bank. I don't know if that will help you, but it's something to try.

Did you try MoneyGram?
Just my first bank to bank. I've been picking up cash for a while now - no problem. I would love to just send to my Galicia bank account now :)

May I ask which bank you are transferring from? My rep told me they only accept a few banks.. see below. Is this accurate?
This is for bank to bank transfer using swift not WU. If WU is accepting the transaction from BOA than it's fine. Now they just need to deliver to Galicia account. IMHO the only one who may know why it does not work is WU.

Normally it should work with Galicia. The receiver (you) might get contacted by WU to fill a form. I have posted information before in this thread about where to find the form – because if I recall correctly there are two official forms, but just one of the two worked for me. Can't remember which one.

Back