Western Union money transfer

I've just successfully used Remitly @ 877 with 4.99 fee. Bank to bank in less than 30 mins.
A million thanks for posting about Remitly; never heard of it, got my first transfer free and in 25mins. They offered a referral $25, which wife then did, and we both got it. Hope it (good, fast service) lasts, we tried MoneyGram a year ago and I got blocked/terminated after 2 months.

A million thanks for posting about Remitly; never heard of it, got my first transfer free and in 25mins. They offered a referral $25, which wife then did, and we both got it. Hope it (good, fast service) lasts, we tried MoneyGram a year ago and I got blocked/terminated after 2 months.
they're even lower than WU — 820, plus transfer fees

So for the first time that I have seen, the MEP rate has overtaken the CCL. If the gap continues to widen it should bring the foreign credit/debit card rate (based on MEP) closer to the WU rate (based in CCL). Indeed, Remitly and Moneygram rates are now already lower than the foreign credit/debit card rate. If CCL continues to drop today, expect the WU rate to follow suit. Meanwhile, dolar blue dropping today too.

In the last five minutes the WU rate actually increased from $858 to $861.

Last edited:
Ha, and the MEP has now dropped below CCL again. Clearly a short term phenomenon! Btw, that's an early update of WU today. It looks as though WU is trying to compete with the dolar blue (currently 870 compra rate).

Last edited:
Honestly if you have access to buy crypto easily it kinda makes western union obsolete. It takes me less than 5 minutes to change usdt to pesos, I even got 910 rate today right before it dropped.

The way it works is usually you just use the withdraw feature from binance, scan a qr code and send the money, wait for the confirmation which takes 1-2 mins and you get the money.

Compared to paying WU fees and being in line for longer it seems like a no brainer if you have a good cueva nearby.

Honestly if you have access to buy crypto easily it kinda makes western union obsolete. It takes me less than 5 minutes to change usdt to pesos, I even got 910 rate today right before it dropped.

The way it works is usually you just use the withdraw feature from binance, scan a qr code and send the money, wait for the confirmation which takes 1-2 mins and you get the money.

Compared to paying WU fees and being in line for longer it seems like a no brainer if you have a good cueva nearby.
I don't think that you can use Binance if you don't have a DNI or just solely have a US passport. So not everyone can take advantage of this

Back