Western Union money transfer

For some reason WU will no longer allow me to send directly to any bank account. I get an error code, I've tried switching browsers, accounts, making a new account - everything - did anyone else have this issue?

What does the error code say? Have you tried the app?

For some reason WU will no longer allow me to send directly to any bank account. I get an error code, I've tried switching browsers, accounts, making a new account - everything - did anyone else have this issue?
Have you registered? For money sent to Jamaica, Columbia, and Argentina, and perhaps others, WU will only send a couple of times and then not process the transfer unless you register. They send you a link, and you go on what is actually a pago facil website, and put in your info. Its most likely due to US tax reasons, but I am not sure. Anyway, if you dont do it, you dont get your money.

@kpatagonia - here's another URL related to the registration requirement mentioned by Ries. Once there, click on the "bank account" tab, and it provides a link to the registration form.

Of course, if you've previously done this and are still getting an error code, contacting WU help is probably the best bet. From their website: "If you need to know more, do not hesitate to call Western Union Customer Care at 0810-444-1000 or write an email to [email protected]"

I could never use WU to send to bank account but MoneyGram worked.
Rate not the best with MoneyGram but convenient to have some money in the bank to pay the bills.
Yes a big difference in rate, I tried today with MoneyGram and it also did not work. I don't know what's going on. Maybe because my account is Canadian? Remitly worked a couple of times but the rate takes a while to catch up! It is only worthwhile if someone signs up with a referal code - so if anyone wants one please write me and we can both save $25.

Even though WU is giving me ZERO transaction fee, their rate is still below what Visa credit card shows.
CC is 876 WU is 841.5

IMG_3354.jpeg

New WU accounts/and whomever referred them to WU get first transfer free.
Yes I know. Though I have had WU for several years. Perhaps because I have not used it in many months, they decided to give me this promotion. They emailed me last week, though today was the first time I checked. I do not see the reason to do this except for the times some stores give a percent discount for using cash pesos.

CCL rate went up 8.4% on Friday to 904. Unless the CCL drops on Monday, WU should shoot back up early next week, probably in increments. Your 100% fee discount will still be available for your next transaction.

To the best of my knowledge, the maximum ATM daily withdrawal amount is 80,000 pesos.

Last edited:
Back