Western Union money transfer

I'm under the impression WU needs to inform AFIP if you receive over $200,000 pesos? Am I wrong?

Western Union will usually allow you 2 or 3 transfers without filling out the verification form. The form is actually a PagoFacil form, but it does go to AFIP in the end, I am pretty sure. If you want to regularly use WU, you pretty much need to fill out the form. After your first transfer, WU will email you a link to this form. It wants info on your ID, address, and what the transfer is used for. https://www.westernunion.com/ar/en/how-to-register.html

Western Union will usually allow you 2 or 3 transfers without filling out the verification form. The form is actually a PagoFacil form, but it does go to AFIP in the end, I am pretty sure. If you want to regularly use WU, you pretty much need to fill out the form. After your first transfer, WU will email you a link to this form. It wants info on your ID, address, and what the transfer is used for. https://www.westernunion.com/ar/en/how-to-register.html
I think references to AFIP are only for sending money out of Argentina, right? I’ve sent money to Argentina (from the US) many times without any problems

I think references to AFIP are only for sending money out of Argentina, right? I’ve sent money to Argentina (from the US) many times without any problems
While I believe both sending and receiving lots of dollars* thru WU might be a target for AFIP, I hope I never find out.

*no idea what "lots" are

While I believe both sending and receiving lots of dollars* thru WU might be a target for AFIP, I hope I never find out.

*no idea what "lots" are
For what it’s worth I’ve been sending hundreds of dollars every month to Argentina via WU for the last couple of years. Never had any problems. When I’ve visited (I live in the US) I sent money to myself a few times, also no issues. Hoping that continues because I’m thinking of moving permanently to Arg and am hoping to be able to send myself money regularly. Then again maybe with Milei it will be easier to wire money directly to a local bank account

Back