Western Union money transfer

For what it’s worth I’ve been sending hundreds of dollars every month to Argentina via WU for the last couple of years. Never had any problems. When I’ve visited (I live in the US) I sent money to myself a few times, also no issues. Hoping that continues because I’m thinking of moving permanently to Arg and am hoping to be able to send myself money regularly. Then again maybe with Milei it will be easier to wire money directly to a local bank account
I have nothing to do with the banks here. They all suck. I am cash all the time. I get lots of effectivo discounts. Sometimes 20%.

A visiting friend wants to extend her stay and needs some more USD to pay rent and other expenses in USD. Is there any easy way to get dollars in Buenos Aires? As a one-time deal, not ongoing.

A visiting friend wants to extend her stay and needs some more USD to pay rent and other expenses in USD. Is there any easy way to get dollars in Buenos Aires? As a one-time deal, not ongoing.

No sweat, go to a casa de cambio, with pesos, open today Av.Santa Fe 2349. If have no pesos ,,! then find someone that can advance dollars against a Credit Card charge....? or cash a personal US dollar check.

Quick question. I know of WU and have used it myself, both to send money to family in Argentina as well as for my own benefit when I was visiting. But I’ve always sent it to be picked up in person. Has anyone used WU to wire directly to a local bank account? I am not looking to get dollars, the pesos are fine. But I’m not sure if this triggers some tax liability.

You probably mean you are not sure if by wiring money to a bank account you might alert AFIP to a tax liability for the recipient (or increase that person's tax liability).

(If the account holder doesn't have a tax liability (i.e., is not a tax resident of Argentina) then it can't be a problem. So probably the real question is whether the account holder is a tax resident of Argentina.)

You probably mean you are not sure if by wiring money to a bank account you might alert AFIP to a tax liability for the recipient (or increase that person's tax liability).

(If the account holder doesn't have a tax liability (i.e., is not a tax resident of Argentina) then it can't be a problem. So probably the real question is whether the account holder is a tax resident of Argentina.)
Yes, correct.

i don't know if spanish is allowed here but hay una app llamada WhyLine Fila virtual, ahí podés marcar un turno en las sucursales de Pago Facil y hacer una fila virtual. si uno marca el turno a las 14hs, cuándo se aproxima el horario, ponés que estás en la sucursal (con 10 min de antemano) y te llaman por nombre en las cajas preferenciales de la fila virtual, hacés lo que necesitás y te vas.
Ayer cuándo fui a la surcursal de Paraná habia unas 50 personas en la cola y a mí me tardó unos 8 minutos para ser llamado (habia unos 3 en la fila virtual).. fila física nunca más. suerte.

I went looking for this Fila Virtual app, under Whyline and various other names, but I'm not finding it in the app store.
Do any of you know whether it's been discontinued, or changed names, or something else?

Back