Western Union money transfer

Also they told her this was new and if she was lucky it would work the first time, and if not keep trying as the site collapses a lot lol
which day of the week are you trying to transfer? i often have had issues trying close to the weekend.

My wife said she had no problem with the transfer. I sent it to her as a cash pickup and she just hit the WU icon on pago facil, entered the transfer number and it prompts you through what info it needs, and then she had it deposited in her bank account after a 5-minute wait

Just completed another WU transfer to an Argentine recipient. Money requested at 07:30 this morning and in the person's Santander account by 18:00 this afternoon.

MoneyGram is competitive again! At least today. 1207.43/dollar (US$2 fee).

Transfer US$1000, buy them back on Florida, and pocket around 45000 pesos. And have some bills to sell for the next time the blue is the highest available rate.

Current FX rate to Argentina:
1 USD = 1,292.00 ARS​
For transfers from your credit card for cash pick-up.

Last updated: 2/6/2024 1:04:00 PM EST​
Something is in the air. The regular rate at this moment is
FX: 1.00 USD – 1243.7300 ARS
Does WU have something going on with credit cards?

Current FX rate to Argentina:
1 USD = 1,292.00 ARS​
For transfers from your credit card for cash pick-up.

Last updated: 2/6/2024 1:04:00 PM EST​
Something is in the air. The regular rate at this moment is
FX: 1.00 USD – 1243.7300 ARS
Does WU have something going on with credit cards?
Yesterday was weird. The WU rate was low in the morning. I noticed after that that the CCL rate (along with MEP and blue rates) was down sharply (~5%), and I checked WU in the early afternoon, around 1:30pm, expecting to see it down more. It was 1292! Seeing that, I made a transfer at 2:15pm.

Around 4pm, I checked it again, and it was 1243! Very unusual for activity all in the same day.

And one other strange thing. At the end of the day, I noticed that the blue and the MEP were still down sharply, but the CCL had recovered to about even. (1300 and change).

How much can you transfer her maximum per day?
Whenever I transfer Western Union it says I can send up to $5,000. In reality, a lot of smaller offices aren't going to be able to give you a fraction of that. If you were going to receive anything close to $5,000 worth of pesos in cash, you'll most likely need to go to a large and busy WU office in a touristy area and probably check with them ahead of time to make sure it's OK.

Back