Western Union To Stay at a Ranch? Advice Please x

Wow thank you for all the great advice, im sorry, i should have made it clearer that i was staying for 2 months, including meals. it is meant to be in Euro s, for a total price of € 4, 308 .

do you still think its overpriced?

It looks like the reviews are for a different place, but thank you for looking into it for me:) x

I guess you'll be staying alone ("i was staying for 2 months") and 4,300 EUR makes 25,000 pesos.

That's a bit more than 400 pesos per day. Even with the meals included, that's quite expensive although not completely surrealistic.
I hope you have free horse riding included and such.

But well, what would have been a fair rate? 250/300 pesos per day?

kittycat said:
I was wondering if someone could give me some advice here. I have decided to stay at a Ranch in San Luis, and the nice lady i have been emailing (Patricia y Alfredo) has asked for 50% in advance: 1,290 via Western Union.
Right now it is temporada baja (low season).

1,290 x 2 (2,580) Euro is about 15,160 AR$

According to their price list you must be e.g. 4 or 5 persons staying for 6 weeks, or e.g. 2 persons staying for 7½ weeks.

Correct?

Or did you think that the $-sign is US$ ? It isn't, it is pesos.

Thank you for your advice:) i have contacted them and they have said that credit card would increment the cost 25%. For this reason, they ask that i pay 25% in advance via western union.

This is much better, but i am still unsure if this is legit. has anyone heard of this 25% ? or is this incorrect?

kittycat said:
Thank you for your advice:) i have contacted them and they have said that credit card would increment the cost 25%. For this reason, they ask that i pay 25% in advance via western union.

This is much better, but i am still unsure if this is legit. has anyone heard of this 25% ? or is this incorrect?

What?!!! A 25% fee for a CC payment? I think I saw CC fees of 3-5% and maybe 10% (unsure) at times but 25% seems far excessive also.

There's something that does not compute in all those figures.

Would you be interested in an -almost- brand new Renault 12 for 40.000$ ? It's one of the latest models made by Renault. :p. It can drive on 3 wheels and actually it has only 3 wheels with a natural air conditionning (yeah a few rusty parts here and there that crumbled, nothing bad really).

kittycat said:

In Argentina the usual surcharge paid by the shops is 8% for Mastercard. There may be other costs involved if they aren't registered themselves and have to rely on another company which is.

You must also add an additional 4.5 - 5% to the price for a WU-transfer.

I wouldn't - but your decision.

lol yeah, you guys are right. I will contact them explaining this credit card charge should not be so much, and depending on their reply, i will make a decision...but it does sound like i should leave it be. Thank you so much for your help :)

If this is the case, can any of you recommend a reasonable ranch, or place to stay in the mountains of Cordoba or San Luis, at least 1500m high in the mountains/hills?

I am sorry to be a bit vague, but i am seeking to sit out some of the changes happening on the planet right now ;) feeling the urge to meditate up somewhere high

Thanks x

kittycat said:
If this is the case, can any of you recommend a reasonable ranch, or place to stay in the mountains of Cordoba or San Luis, at least 1500m high in the mountains/hills?
Could you please be more specific?

make a list of must have, would like to have, nice to have, e.g.:

must have ....... would like to have ...... nice to have

Horses .......... camels .................. peacocks
Lucullian meals . swimming pool ........... balcony
[whatever]

Hi John, Thanks for helping :) x

My requirements are

at least 1500m above sea level on top of Cordoba or San Luis mountains in natural surroundings/nature

Independent water supply from main grid

internet connection for laptop

Meals included, and/or equipment to cook my own

I will not have a car, so perhaps nice hosts who can drive me to get food provisions when not eating meals with them.

Affordable enough for me to stay min 2 months upto 6 months (i am on a budget of £3000)

The cabins you're looking at staying in look fabulous, and paying a 30% deposit when making a booking is quite normal. NOT paying a 25% credit card fee though (unless they're working on the typical 20% discount for cash plus 5% cc fee, but that would make the prices quoted even more outrageous).
The areas you're looking in have so many options for accommodation, I'm sure you'll be able to find something equally as nice if you decide to go with something else. These are some websites I've used to look for accommodation in Merlo, San Luis in the past.
http://www.sanluisturismo.com.ar/alojamientos/cabanas.html
http://www.turismo-merlo.com.ar/
http://www.ruta0.com/merlo/cabanas.htm

Back