wet cat food!

Hi
Thanks so much for all your replies.
I found a packet of the Royal Canin wet food today. My cat's aren't overweight so I got a packet from the "urinary" range. See if they like that. I'd also be really interested in finding out about the other brand that was mentioned.
thanks
Ashley x

My cat is happy with royal canin's biscuits, as for the liquids they need, she drinks a lot of water, I've owned cats all my life and have always fed them dry food their entire lives and not one of them had a single health problem.

I was also going to comment that my cat also drinks lots of water. She even turns the water on in the sink and the shower and plays with it. Sometimes she puts her head under the water!!! One time I kept playing along with her and got her all wet so I ended up showering her. She's a great cat.

Wet cat food must have qualities other than fluid intake for cats.

Maikito said:
I was also going to comment that my cat also drinks lots of water. She even turns the water on in the sink and the shower and plays with it. Sometimes she puts her head under the water!!! One time I kept playing along with her and got her all wet so I ended up showering her. She's a great cat.

Wet cat food must have qualities other than fluid intake for cats.

One of my kitties is like that too, she loves playing in the water! :)

But the number one reason I feed my cats a diet of canned and dry food is because dry cat food is not conducive to a cats nutritional needs. In fact, it is a huge contributing factor in feline diabetes. Cats are carnivores and they need a high protein (animal based, not plant based protein), meat diet. Dry food typically has a large content of carbs and lacks protein. Kitties need protein, they don't need carbs!

Unfortunately, I learned this all too late. :( There is great info available on the proper diet for cats on these two websites:
http://www.felinediabetes.com/
http://www.catinfo.org/

Thanks all for the tips on where to find canned cat food! I just got back from the States and brought with me probably a 6 month supply... wish I would have read this first! :)

Back