What About Birth Tourism In Argentina

But it can't be, right? Why would rules be written to encourage people to be irregular/overstay?

Rules/laws are written by multiple different authorities (with different concerns and interests) and they were written over extensive period of time.
Moreover they try to achieve multiple conflicting objectives.

In this case primary objectives are:
(1) give Argentine citizenship to newly born kids whoever their parents are. Because the are free Argentines as soon as they are born in this land.
(2) do not make those new Argentine citizens suffer by separating their families.

You can apply or not to permanent residency. That is up to you.
Having a baby entitle you to citizenship right away.
Are you in Argentina?

I am stranded in Peru right now due to the pandemic. We are planning and it seems unsafe to get pregnant during this difficult time, probably at least wait until next year.

Did you mean having a baby entitle even the foreign parents and sibling to Argentina citizenship right away? But we still need to stay within the country interruptedly for 7-18 months to eventually get the passport? I am trying to get a clear picture of the procedure and prepare the documents we might need. That would be really helpful if someone can help clarifiy the following scenarios. :)

1. Land in BA during the 2nd trimester. (But since our passport only give 90days visa free, so we probably need to travel between Uruguay and Argentina by ship / or arrive in Uruguay first and then enter Argentina 3 months before giving birth, so that we do not overstay before giving birth? Or another option might be to apply for temporary residency so that we can keep staying in BA?)

2. After giving birth, the baby will get citizenship immediately. And the parents and sibling are allowed to stay in Argentina even with a tourist visa until we are able to get citizenship as well after staying for 7-18 months? Can our whole family apply for citizenship once the baby is delivered or we actually need to stay for 7-18 months first and then apply?

3. Apart from our passports and marriage certificates, do we need any other specific documents or financial proofs that I need to prepare in advance in my origianl country for applying Argentina citizenship? Because I might need to translate and legalised them in advance.

4. After giving birth and getting citizenship for only the baby first (in case we cannot apply for the whole family right away), do we have the option to go back to my original country for a few months to handle some documentation and personal issues, and then come back to Argentina to stay for enough time to get citizenship for the whole family?

Thanks for reading my detailed questions in advance. But that would really be grateful if someone can help us make a clear picture of what will be going on so that we do not have to get panic and confused by that time.

I am stranded in Peru right now due to the pandemic. We are planning and it seems unsafe to get pregnant during this difficult time, probably at least wait until next year.

Did you mean having a baby entitle even the foreign parents and sibling to Argentina citizenship right away? But we still need to stay within the country interruptedly for 7-18 months to eventually get the passport? I am trying to get a clear picture of the procedure and prepare the documents we might need. That would be really helpful if someone can help clarifiy the following scenarios. :)

1. Land in BA during the 2nd trimester. (But since our passport only give 90days visa free, so we probably need to travel between Uruguay and Argentina by ship / or arrive in Uruguay first and then enter Argentina 3 months before giving birth, so that we do not overstay before giving birth? Or another option might be to apply for temporary residency so that we can keep staying in BA?)

2. After giving birth, the baby will get citizenship immediately. And the parents and sibling are allowed to stay in Argentina even with a tourist visa until we are able to get citizenship as well after staying for 7-18 months? Can our whole family apply for citizenship once the baby is delivered or we actually need to stay for 7-18 months first and then apply?

3. Apart from our passports and marriage certificates, do we need any other specific documents or financial proofs that I need to prepare in advance in my origianl country for applying Argentina citizenship? Because I might need to translate and legalised them in advance.

4. After giving birth and getting citizenship for only the baby first (in case we cannot apply for the whole family right away), do we have the option to go back to my original country for a few months to handle some documentation and personal issues, and then come back to Argentina to stay for enough time to get citizenship for the whole family?

Thanks for reading my detailed questions in advance. But that would really be grateful if someone can help us make a clear picture of what will be going on so that we do not have to get panic and confused by that time.
1. No. Overstay.
2. Citizenship can be applied with or without baby. Having a baby allows to gwt citizenship sooner because for living here you need to wait between 2 up to 3 years if you apply as soon as you arrive to Argentina. The sibling can apply once one of the parents has it by option (an expedite procedure that normally takes 3 months).
3. Birth certificate and criminal records from your birth country apostilled or legalized by the AR consulate. Translation must be made here.
4. Depends if Argentina request you visa to re enter. To apply for a precaria can solve that.

Back