What about the rates of a nanny/housekeeper? Or is it just me?

Moreover, if you are indeed offering a full time, steady position, I think you should focus more on a monthly salary as opposed to hourly. As like with anything, people are willing to earn less when they have a more steady, sure thing than a loose hour here or there.

but unfortunately we are currently in that stage where he is picking up every virus imaginable so he's ended up at home with me a good portion of the time -- ie this week he'll miss probably the entire week thanks to an ear infection / conjunctivitis. And with the ridiculous amount of holidays we had in the first half of the year there was rarely a week where he was there 5 days anyway.

As you say syngirl the contagiousness is just a stage. I remember with #1son we barely passed an entire week without conjunctivitis, ear infections and broncho espasmas. Add to that chronic excema and impetego I honestly felt I couldnt survive with work and a sick baby and suddenly in year 2 at daycare the mucus dried up the eye infections stopped and life as normal began. hang on in there as this will pass. Sorry for hijacking the thread but just wanted to show solidarity with a fellow mum..and #2 son ..not 1 eye or ear infection in 3 years at day care...

Back