What Are PASO Presidential Primaries and Who's Running?

Note the issues box at the top of the entries, both in English and Spanish.

This website you're quoting from, MilHojas, is not a news site, it is the site of one of those shadowy "influence" organizations. To quote from the wiki page "Since that time, membership has grown to over 200 blue chip companies that represent the majority of the U.S. private investment in Latin America."

Now, that doesn't mean that the article isn't worth reading, but it sure means that anything it says should be taken with a pinch of salt. Or the whole shaker full. The interests of "over 200 blue chip companies that represent the majority of the U.S. private investment in Latin America" are not our interests, nor the interests of the Argentine people. In fact, they may well be directly opposite to both.

How do you know that it's not in our interest? Please don't speak for the rest of us. How do you know that the majority of American expats don't own shares in funds -- either in their retirement accounts or in their personal holdings -- that own shares in those companies? Or that they don't own shares in those companies directly?

Furthermore, how do you know that their interests are not the interests of the Argentine people? The Argentine people have been suffering for a very long time. Many decades. Longer than I've been alive, and that's a long time. The poverty rate is around 43%. Imagine that. 43 out of every hundred people are below the poverty line. And very many of them have full time jobs, and yet they're still below the poverty line. It's seems quite clear that the majority of the Argentine people are very tired of living this way, and are ready for a significant change. Maybe that's not true, but all signs point that way, and we're going to find out very soon. October is just around the corner.

The opposition doesn't look all that impressive to me, but for a lot of Argentines -- probably the majority -- at this point in time they represent the only viable option.

How do you know that it's not in our interest? Please don't speak for the rest of us. How do you know that the majority of American expats don't own shares in funds -- either in their retirement accounts or in their personal holdings -- that own shares in those companies? Or that they don't own shares in those companies directly?

Furthermore, how do you know that their interests are not the interests of the Argentine people? The Argentine people have been suffering for a very long time. Many decades. Longer than I've been alive, and that's a long time. The poverty rate is around 43%. Imagine that. 43 out of every hundred people are below the poverty line. And very many of them have full time jobs, and yet they're still below the poverty line. It's seems quite clear that the majority of the Argentine people are very tired of living this way, and are ready for a significant change. Maybe that's not true, but all signs point that way, and we're going to find out very soon. October is just around the corner.

The opposition doesn't look all that impressive to me, but for a lot of Argentines -- probably the majority -- at this point in time they represent the only viable option.

youre-new-here-arent-you.jpg

I think it is a pretty good summary with graphical poll results for people who are not very familiar with upcoming elections.

This website you're quoting from, MilHojas, is not a news site, it is the site of one of those shadowy "influence" organizations. To quote from the wiki page "Since that time, membership has grown to over 200 blue chip companies that represent the majority of the U.S. private investment in Latin America."
Aren't all news sites essentially "influence organizations"? Perhaps the shadowy blue chip investors behind this one aren't quite as secretive as they should be, given that you seemed to figure it out right away.

I think it is a pretty good summary with graphical poll results for people who are not very familiar with upcoming elections.

Aren't all news sites essentially "influence organizations"? Perhaps the shadowy blue chip investors behind this one aren't quite as secretive as they should be, given that you seemed to figure it out right away.
Agree that the website seems to give a good factual summary, I was surprised by the graphics showing much lower support for Milei than other organizations have published.

But I do hope all news sites aren't essentially "influence organizations", but see their primary purpose as to inform. If you don't mind my saying so, your view seems to be a very US-American one, perhaps best expressed recently by Elon Musk declaring organizations such as the BBC to be "state broadcasters". He received very strong pushback for that, and I don't think it's a viewpoint that should be left unchallenged.,

But I do hope all news sites aren't essentially "influence organizations", but see their primary purpose as to inform.
Surely we've seen enough in recent years to realize that noble aim disappeared some time ago (like, for example, senior public servants in Westminster systems giving fearless and frank advice to government). All we can do now is take them all with a grain of salt, read widely across the spectrum, and try to find a truth somewhere in the middle.

Back