What Argentine Politician Would Consider This?

do they even "earn" that much?

I'm sure the bribes and backhanders make them much much more than their wages do.

Better go back to the Early independence days when the members of the first Cabildo where ad honorem , then government was only for the rich ?

I think that if you make politicians wages the same as a teacher you are inviting corruption.

I remember reading that when barrionuevo was in congress he attended something like 5% of the votes and basically spent most of his time with his regular job (mafia), yet still colected the full salary.

Yeah when I first saw the platform my reaction was: "that's not fair; why should a teacher earn the same as a politician when teachers are four times more important?" But you have to compromise, and I totally agree: salaries must be enough to not invite corruption. So instead of paying the politicians less, just pay the teachers more. We could pay them with the money CFK was giving in tax breaks to Monsanto and Chevron.

Yeah when I first saw the platform my reaction was: "that's not fair; why should a teacher earn the same as a politician when teachers are four times more important?" But you have to compromise, and I totally agree: salaries must be enough to not invite corruption. So instead of paying the politicians less, just pay the teachers more. We could pay them with the money CFK was giving in tax breaks to Monsanto and Chevron.

Or with the Camporistas' choripán budget...

Back