What does this election mean for immigrants?

I wish the world was that simple, so , without permission i'll be coming to live in your living room , i'll come in thru the window as i don't like doors, also, i prefer lots of beef in my diet and please don't disturb me early in the morning or pretend i pitch in with rent, oh my credentials you might ask? i have no criminal record so you can't treat me like a criminal. and i have intentions of one day having your job but being paid under the table for half of what you get paid now.
maybe speeders are...... not so good either??
Has anyone (documented immigrant or undocumented) ever actually done any of that - come to live in your living room, entered through the window, etc.? Or is that just completely made up unrealistic exaggerated hyperbole; because nothing as you described has ever happened to me or anyone I know. Sounds like fear mongering to me. We must fear the other. We must fear the outsider. We must fear the foreigner. I choose to not live my life in fear and to love my brother - the Church of Philadelphia.

lev2b192b332b34.jpg
121.png

You are right i made that up, i'm just here to spread fear, except that one time we had to wait two and a half years to get my brothers immigration papers lined up while i watched hundreds of other migrants cross the border but i suppose they deserved it more than my only brother, in other words, we waited our turn, they didn't but apparently to you is all the same.
And i just saw the other post, yeah i agree , not only the ones that didn't wait their turn to come into the US should pay the penalty, especially those employers in the US should pay with prison time for taking advantage of those undocumented migrants.
So to be clear, greedy US employers to prison , undocumented workers back to their country.

Last edited:
You are right i made that up, i'm just here to spread fear, except that one time we had to wait two and a half years to get my brothers immigration papers lined up while i watched hundreds of other migrants cross the border but i suppose they deserved it more than my only brother, in other words, we waited our turn, they didn't but apparently to you is all the same.
And i just saw the other post, yeah i agree , not only the ones that didn't wait their turn to come into the US should pay the penalty, especially those employers in the US should pay with prison time for taking advantage of those undocumented migrants.
So to be clear, greedy US employers to prison , undocumented workers back to their country.
Sounds reasonable, but corporations and small companies want undocumented workers. They can pay them lower wages, not be concerned about working conditions, and hold the threat of calling Immigration on them if they complain about anything. They have no interest in documented immigrants whom they'd have to pay legal wages, provide safer working conditions, and can't threaten with a call to Immigration if they complain. As long as corporations down to small business owners want/need a source of cheap labor, they'll get it through campaign contributions/payments to lobbyists who will make it so there chances of getting prosecuted for hiring an undocumented worker is the same as a very wealthy person getting audited by the IRS. I don't know anyone who lost a job to an undocumented worker. If a natural born citizen wants to pick fruit or work in a meat packing plant they can do so - but Americans don't do those types of jobs, and when they do, they quit because they can't handle the working conditions because it's not easy work. Companies prefer immigrants because in those jobs they're better workers. But instead of being happy that there are workers willing to do the types of jobs they're not willing to do, certain people want to demonize the people that harvest the food they eat, work in the dangerous industrial meat factory that provides the meat they grill, all the jobs they themselves don't want to do.

To me the issue is more about the dehumanizing of fellow human beings than it's about documents created by bureaucratic governments, esp. considering that the people complaining are the ancestors of people who came to N. America and just took over the continent. If the reasoning is along the lines of 'all's fair in love and war' or something suggesting that the original settlers somehow earned the right by conquering the existing people than the same reasoning would hold for those who some feel are currently conquering N. America from foreign lands. If it was fair for our ancestors to take over the continent, it should be seen as fair that certain people are crossing back over into a land that was originally part of their country until the lines got moved. Nothing is static. Rome didn't last forever. Demographics change. I can understand why primarily old white guys are pissed that America no longer revolves around them as they see women gain more rights and people of color gain more representation. It's not easy for some people to lose power. I'm sure the native Americans felt the same way when they saw the white European males take over what was once their domain.

To me the suggestion that all of todays undocumented immigrants are somehow equal to rapists, murderers, and drug smugglers through the use of language is roughly equal to what the Nazis did to people they tried to demonize by calling them vermin - announcing to their supporters that these people are less than human, so violence against them is acceptable. And the reality now is that the majority of undocumented immigrants arrive in the US by plane and overstay their welcome as opposed to illegally crossing the border. Building a wall is cathartic for some, but since the southern border is not the main ingress point (and walls are ineffective anyway) they'd be better off focusing on overstayed visas.

undocumented-immigrants-1488761299397-videoSixteenByNine3000-v4.png

I'm not at all surprised that you made up that scenario to try to make a point. I'll admit your completely made up scary sounding story is sexier than the truth - but it wasn't anything near the truth. Truth should be the basis of a convincing argument. Not lies and distortions - like labeling millions of people "criminal" because it sounds sexy to some people and riles them up. I've lived in parts of the US with larger than average populations of undocumented immigrants and nothing close to what you described ever happened to me, nor anyone I know. The undocumented immigrants I've known were hard working, family types - good neighbors. Not a single murderer, drug dealer, human trafficker, or rapist among them. Church folk. I'm a fan of immigration because people bring their food, their music, their culture, and make their new home a more interesting place. I'm not a big fan of government so I'm not all that concerned with government issued documents that supposedly grant permission for people to live somewhere and keep other people out. As a long time world traveler I'm more interested in the concept of migration, like birds, butterflies, and numerous other animals who migrate (and cross artificially created invisible borders) for food, mating, and other natural reasons. Migration is completely natural, so like the idea that no world power will last forever I easily accept that fact as opposed to having a desire to demonize people because some politician who's getting paid by corporations and small business owners to legislate in a way that encourages immigration tells me that immigrants are the source of any problems I may have so that I'll send them money too and vote for them while feeling better that I can point the finger at someone who is demonized and doesn't have a voice. For someone who responded to me elsewhere with a mention of reading your Bible I'd ask you to consider the Bible quotes I posted a few days ago about how God said he wants/commands you to treat the foreigner in your land.

6a0105369e6edf970b01b7c8b2f2cd970b-600wi.gif

You mean to tell me that you think i made up the story about my brother having to wait while others crossed the border without permission?
I'm not gonna go into much more detail about my personal life, but that's not a sexy story at all, only us know the anguish of the wait and the frustration of seeing how law breakers got away with it.
As far as undocumented people taking jobs, i will tell you , i saw how they destroyed a whole industry in California where you needed to be licensed to own and operate a landscaping business, there were many hard working licensed men and women American and foreigners operating these businesses that went bankrupt because of these undocumented foreigners doing the work for half of what it would cost to run it, of course they could get away with it since they never paid income tax, licensing , insurance, or having their truck registration in their name and much less car insurance.
So you see, we have different opinions due to the different things that happened to us and if you feel that the white men is angry , well, angry is not the word, we just feel we don't need to apologize to anyone for being white.
Now, if you want to talk about corporations greed or how the first settlers actually broke their backs making America a desirable place to live, you ,first would need to talk to the corporations yourself as i don't represent them and second, travel back in time and explain to the settlers that they were uninvited and they were displacing the natives, i can't help you with that either.
I come from a family of immigrants and we did pretty much every job you mentioned above and never complaint , i did those jobs myself , with one difference, all of my family waited their turn and when they came into the US they all had their green cards and ssn and as far demonizing people that have no choice, i'm gonna disagree with you there, they always had the choice to not cross the border illegally .And finally as you suggest i read my bible ,i'm gonna suggest we take out of the conversation any type of nazi Germany comparison as, first, has nothing to do with what we are talking about and second, shows very poor taste and very low class to make a point.
I treat immigrants the same way i treat everyone as i mentioned before i come from an immigrant family and above all because my immigrant family was treated always with decency and respect from the people that were there before, but maybe just maybe had something to do with the fact that my family respected the laws and customs of the US,or they were just lucky not to encounter any angry white men perhaps.

Back