what is current rental contract increase?

studiodio

Registered
In the past, it seemed that the average rental contract renewal was around 25% is it higher now?

The market is dead. In my case the owner wanted to rise from 26.000 to 40.000, he acepted 30.000 for the next 3 monts and I rented a new appartment for 32.000 with 40 more mt2 plus a parking included.
So, i suggest between 15/25 % but depoending on the market prices. Perhaps to look to another appartment is wiser.

Are we talking 2 year contracts or Temporary adjusted every 6 months... ! What Bajo reported 50% increase is not extreme...!

The stipulated rental increase is 15% for every 6 months . Rents are currently going up less than inflation which is currently running at 40% annual.

15 to 50%!! sounds like there is not one common %.....i have lived in the same house for 4 years, with 2 2year contracts. I pay for six months at a time, all at once. the past contracts increased 20 to 25 percent each 6 months. I am getting ready to negotiate a new contract for 2 years. perry, by "stipulated" do you mean that there is a law of 15%, or a normal practice? (that would be great but I am probably wishfully dreaming)

15 to 50%!! sounds like there is not one common %.....i have lived in the same house for 4 years, with 2 2year contracts. I pay for six months at a time, all at once. the past contracts increased 20 to 25 percent each 6 months. I am getting ready to negotiate a new contract for 2 years. perry, by "stipulated" do you mean that there is a law of 15%, or a normal practice? (that would be great but I am probably wishfully dreaming)

Normal practice.
People are free to put whatever they like in their contract, but this is the rule nearly always applied.

There is a stipulated rental increase that is declared at 15% at most . People are not free to put whatever they like in contracts as stated above as there are strict rental laws in place that protect the rights of renters . For example with the new codigo civil a owner cannot ask that you pay for the extraordinary expensas and abl for residential properties in caba . I pay 32000 pesos for a 188 metre apartment ( 4 bedrooms ) which has been extended with the same conditions paying all expenses except extraodinary and abl . I have had a few issues in the apartment with the hot water heater not working , and power surges caused by the age of the apartment.

The owner was not willing to be cooperative but my lawyer had a word to them and they were suddenly fixed .

Last edited:
For example with the new codigo civil a owner cannot ask that you pay for the extraordinary expensas and abl for residential properties in caba ..

Where can I find this new coding civil online?

There is a stipulated rental increase that is declared at 15% at most . People are not free to put whatever they like in contracts as stated above as there are strict rental laws in place that protect the rights of renters.

Shows what happens when you opine on stuff you don’t know. Thanks.

Back