What is the future of the arts under Milei?

I heard from a friend who was on the board of the Fondo Nacional that even the new Milei appointee as head of the Fondo is fighting Milei on his attempts to cut all arts funding.
Milei, like other fiscal conservatives, does not understand the existential value of the arts nor does he seem to understand their value in terms of adding prestige to the nation, in attracting international recognition and tourism which results in revenue. The interview with Paloma Herrera (see post above) reveals just how ridiculous labour laws are. This is what needs to be reformed. This is what Milei needs to focus on.

I heard from a friend who was on the board of the Fondo Nacional that even the new Milei appointee as head of the Fondo is fighting Milei on his attempts to cut all arts funding.
At that point I think even Milei is fighting himself... If he would be serious, he would outline the plan, point out critical changes, and fight for those to get through. Cutting at every corner generates too much resistance and dilute your efforts. Fighting inflation is tedious job and is constantly challenged, so you need to do it in smoothest way possible. Pissing off everyone at the same time is a sure way nothing will be achieved.

I have had a few Libertarian friends over the years. They truly believe that there is a magic bullet, deregulation, that will change everything for the better. I believe that the world is complicated enough that compromise is often the only solution.
I think Ideology drives a lot of Milei DNU's, and about half are just ideological window dressing.
2 different Argentines, at two extreme ends of the political spectrum, have told me in the last two days they think there is a good chance Milei wont last until June.
There have been a lot of people who are NOT peronist refusing to accept Milei nominations to government posts because they dont want to be a 4 month employee- he hasnt been able to find anyone to accept directorshhip of Migraciones, for example.

I agree that compromise is needed.

Please explain how Mieli might only last four months? How could he be removed? In the past the military took over. That will not happen again. I don't understand how a sitting President can be removed.

I agree that compromise is needed.

Please explain how Mieli might only last four months? How could he be removed? In the past the military took over. That will not happen again. I don't understand how a sitting President can be removed.
The darkest way? You provoke huge social unrest, police chiefs resign one after another, because don't want to be associated with you, army decides can't do nothing, political allies abandon you.. So you end up with zero executive power, zero legislative power, with imensive pressure, surrounded by vultures. You resign by yourself, or the mob takes you out.

While truly anything can happen, I think this four month scenario is pretty far fetched.

Time will tell.

I do hope some level of arts funding is maintained.

This destruction of the culture is unforgiveable and with all the other destructions happening now its becoming untenable for most argentinians. This government will not finish its term

The darkest way? You provoke huge social unrest, police chiefs resign one after another, because don't want to be associated with you, army decides can't do nothing, political allies abandon you.. So you end up with zero executive power, zero legislative power, with imensive pressure, surrounded by vultures. You resign by yourself, or the mob takes you out.
He'll NEVER resign!

This destruction of the culture is unforgiveable and with all the other destructions happening now its becoming untenable for most argentinians. This government will not finish its term
If this government doesn't finish its term life as you know it won't exist so start praying for something new

Back