what is this cerviche basura?

sommer21 said:
Zissou,
what are some of your fav ceviche places in the city? My boyfriend and I went to Lima Mia (it was my bday and we live super close to it and I was attracted to the decor...of course) only to be disappointed by the big prices and small quantities. do you have any other suggestions? we love food but don't know where to look....

Downtown-ish (Congresso): Status or Chan Chan (both very casual)

Almagro: Mamani or Solopescados - and many more near the Abasto but I just don't know their names!

Palermo: higher end only - Bardot, Ceviche, Osaka, Pozo Santo, Sipan - none of these are my faves but they are good. More appetizer size though.

Belgrano: Contigo Peru

San Telmo: higher end - M Buenos Aires

I'm surely forgetting some but those are a good place to start/ my faves! I personally prefer to get mixed seafood (mostly fish but with prawns, calamar, etc)

French jurist said:
As for the restaurants, one of them is Primavera Trujillana

They make a mean pisco sour in there. Best I've tasted in the city.

Best cerviche I've had was in Sipan down in microcentro.

Paru is supposed to be the " it " place to go for Peruvian Asian fusion right now. It's in Palermo Hollywood. Very good in my opinion.

TheBlackHand said:
Paru is supposed to be the " it " place to go for Peruvian Asian fusion right now. It's in Palermo Hollywood. Very good in my opinion.

I had ceviche at Paru last November and IT... WAS... A..W..E..S..O..M..E..!!!!

I've had ceviche near Abasto Mall and the cheaper place offered up rubbery fish. The place across the street from the side of the mall (a couple of doors from the Carrefour) offered up much more tender morsels, but the ceviche at Paru was so tender and scrumptious that I finally understood why some people crave ceviche. It's all about the fish that you use.

I've got a traveling chica from the States coming through and she learned to make ceviche in Chile (not that it's that difficult). We've found the to buy in Chinatown, and so we will be making it once or twice (at least) when she arrives.

The Paru ceviche came in a large goblet and had dried/cooked oversized corn kernels similar to Corn Nuts sprinkled on the top. So freakin' yummy!

Maybe I'll post a photo some day.

French jurist said:
I used to marinate the fish for 12 hours at first then I learned it needs to stay just 30/45 minutes in lemon.

Lemon and lime my boy, lemon and lime....

Lime is soooooo your friend.

And it beats the crap out of lemon 95% of the time... in EVERYTHING in life.

(But not 5% of the time.)

I always go to Sabor Real (recommended by a Peruvian) and its awesome. It s on Dorrego Avenue, 4 blocks from Corrientes. The ceviche is abundant, not like at Contigo Peru.
The Pisco s. is great too.

Back