What is wrong with these people!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
BASailor said:
Apart from the "thanks" option, there should be an option like "disgusting comment".
Those who call idiot to someone who wrote just a personal opinion, are idiots themselves.
And those who even write "RIDICULOUS" are old lonely and histerical ladies themselves.

Really? Anyone that would suggest that Argentina is safer than the U.S. is an idiot...period. Nothing personal, just my opinion.

Well...except for maybe Chicago.

Aleina Dee said:
Your openminded comment makes me feel so warm and fuzzy. You pointed out all the baddies to me. Really I could not work out a thought of my own. Thank you for making things so clear,oh dear one.
However I must have missed the demise of rational argument and freedom of speech.It is probably just me though . Viva el ad hominem !

Ps : In case you are in any doubt I am employing sarcasm.

I'm not trying to make you all warm and fuzzy and where in my comment did I dispute anyone's right to free speech. Grow up.

p.s. no sarcasm here

Well,ya see I have the old fashioned notion that any opinion that does not hurt anyone or disrespects others deserves respect and if found erroneous by a participant of said discussion to meet with argument instead of insult.My bad!
If I have to grow up into someone who disqualifies other people on a public discussion forum as Idiots for voicing an opinion then I prefer not to .Thanks all the same.
Feel free to educate us. I for one won't be listening.

Aleina Dee said:
Well,ya see I have the old fashioned notion that any opinion that does not hurt anyone or disrespects others deserves respect and if found erroneous by a participant of said discussion to meet with argument instead of insult.My bad!
If I have to grow up into someone who disqualifies other people on a public discussion forum as Idiots for voicing an opinion then I prefer not to .Thanks all the same.
Feel free to educate us. I for one won't be listening.

Freedom of speech does not mean "no criticism" and "no challenge". Neither does it mean "no insults". If JWB was asking for the other commenter to be banned, that would count as him being against freedom of speech.

I don't know where people get their ideas but it is a totally screwed up idea when one thinks that freedom of speech should mean you could say whatever and others should just shut up and take it.

This is a forum. People are free to say what they want to say (within the rules laid out by the admin). The other commenter has as much a right to say what they wanted as JWB has a right to call them idiots. Its a two way street.

If you're going to call on to people's right to free speech, especially those that you might agree with, then dispense with the politically correct BS and learn to live with the whole idea of free speech and not just your twisted version of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back