What Made You Come To Argentina?

French jurist

Registered
[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]What made you come to Argentina?[/background]

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Also, I guess we all listened to a specific music, watched a specific movie, before coming here & while we didn't really know much about Argentina.[/background]

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]A tune I would listen to often before coming here is this one:[/background]

https://www.youtube....h?v=v97uUMDxXzQ

Met my guy in Bolivia and always wanted to check out/ live in BA even though I had never been. And things weren't certain with him at the time (probabilistically very little chance of it working out) but I came anyway and really loved it! It flashed on me!! So after 3 months I went traveling (on another continent) but when I came back to BA we sorted it out and have been together since then, so I stay. I might not stay if it weren't for him but at the same time I really quite like living here. Being a part of his community gives me a bit of purpose (even though I'm still kind of a loner, at least I'm not a drifting loner). Being a part of this community gives me purpose - just kidding. But it IS nice that it exists. ;)

When I was a teenager, years ago, and first started coming it was to see family. What made me move here? To get closer to my roots, and get away from a difficult past. Now that I've come to terms with it, I've made a life here in Buenos Aires. It's not easy to sell everything, box it up, move and start all over again somewhere else even if you're returning to your home country.

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]What made you come to Argentina?[/background]

Cheap booze and women.

Seriously though, it was the cost of living ie transport, childcare,etc back home that we decided to move over here and to be with my wifes family. They had a spare apartment so no rent and everything was cheaper, and still is really. Our kids have loads of people here who can baby sit and in general its a tighter family group than what we had in the uk.

came here for a work trip for 2 weeks, loved it instantly, got lucky in that work sent me back to live here temporarily. 1 year in, i'm still loving most things about it and will be staying at least another year. after that, we will see.

my husbands job.. we have only been here once before for a short visit.. and now are here about 7 weeks.. some days I love it and others I hate it.. LOL.. I assume that is fairly normal..

HAAAAAA nothing defines CLASSY better than the quality of paco!
I came down here to help out my elders as they were getting a little long in the tooth ,now that most of them are gone , I think I'm gonna stick around for a spell to see what's what,.... I always thought this country was bad wreck that you can't help it but to watch as you go by.(which makes me sad to see so many missed opportunities)Besides, I'm to damn ugly to head back to the SanFran bay area where men are pretty and women are tough :cool:

Back