What pandemic safety precautions are you taking?

sergio

Registered
What precautions are you taking? What are your greatest concerns? What advice can you offer regarding safety?

In addition to wearing that mask! I shop on line and make fewer trips to stores.

I carry a few plastic disposable gloves with me everywhere I go. When I need to open a door or touch a common surface, I whip a glove out, put it on my hand and touch the surface. When I am done, I pull the glove off my hand in an inside out fashion touching the clean, inner part and throw it away in the nearest rubbish container.

Fortunately my work is online, I"m single, apartment is comfortable so I go out for supplies two or three times in a week and the excercise of walking only. I avoid large shops, using local verdulerias and the chino markets with less customers inside. On the street I go out of my way to avoid others and let people pass at a distance. Wear a mask always when in public, recently upgraded to the Conicet mask with anti-viral, anti-bacterial and anti-fungus properties. I carry an alcohol gel with a pump and after any touching of surfaces or leaving a store cover and rub the hands with the alcohol gel. I do my best to prevent anyone entering my apartment with street shoes, leave shoes at the entrance. I avoid invitations to get together with friends. Eat well, drink well, pray for a change. My greatest concern is Argentines who ignore others safety by not wearing masks, not wearing masks properly and who ignore keeping a distance of 2 meters.

Great article. Thanks. I am so conscious of the risk of not falling into this trap. I haven't slackened in my approach since day 1. It would be madness to stop doing what we were doing four months ago--when there was no virus--now, with 1200 new official cases in CABA every single day.

Fortunately my work is online, I"m single, apartment is comfortable so I go out for supplies two or three times in a week and the excercise of walking only. I avoid large shops, using local verdulerias and the chino markets with less customers inside. On the street I go out of my way to avoid others and let people pass at a distance. Wear a mask always when in public, recently upgraded to the Conicet mask with anti-viral, anti-bacterial and anti-fungus properties. I carry an alcohol gel with a pump and after any touching of surfaces or leaving a store cover and rub the hands with the alcohol gel. I do my best to prevent anyone entering my apartment with street shoes, leave shoes at the entrance. I avoid invitations to get together with friends. Eat well, drink well, pray for a change. My greatest concern is Argentines who ignore others safety by not wearing masks, not wearing masks properly and who ignore keeping a distance of 2 meters.
No street shoes inside! Could not agree more!!!

That has been something I grew up with. (NO WE ARE NOT JAPANESE!!!)

Ever since I can remember, my father insisted that no one wear their street shoes in the house. When you came inside, your shoes went no further than the entry mat. (El tapete.) If you wanted to wear shoes inside, you had a special pair that never let the house.

Sound a bit extreme? For an observer, DEFINITELY! >>> I can remember there being a constant argument form my grandfather on my mother's side of the family whenever he and my grandmother came to visit.

Extreme from the point of view of the house's occupants? No not really, once you understood the point of view.

My dad's point of view was that you walk all over many things you would never touch during the typical day.

Examples? >>> Urine in a public rest room! Feces from a dog that you perhaps you did not see. Saliva in the form of spit on a sidewalk. And it goes on and on and on ... just think about it all ...

He just did not like the idea of someone who walked all over the world combining into his home and walking all over the floors and carpets with what he reasoned were dirty shoes. And, he definitely did not like the idea of lying down in the living room, on the rug, stretching out and rolling in whatever would be invisible to the naked eye.

My dad also encouraged us all to wash our hands when we came in the house from our time out. (No, I am not talking about going outside and coming back in 10 minutes later!) He reasoned that when a person is out and about, they are touching many surfaces that other people touch. His observation was that some people don't wash their hands after going to the rest room or blowing their noses etc ... and that we would be touching surfaces contaminated by others.

Was my dad a germaphobe? Not in my opinion. To me, my dad was well beyond everyone else's thinking at the time. He was a very smart man who proved his intelligence to me by everything he did and said. A very smart man.

ONE REGRET! It took me the better part of all the years I have lived to understand how smart my dad was. I really never got the chance to let him know how much he taught me, how much I respected his point of view and how correct he was.

But, I learned a great lesson in life ... I learned to try and see the pother person's point of view. To carefully consider what they are sharing with me. And above all ... say I love you. You just never know when or if the chance will be gone.

Besides washing my hands all the time and disinfecting surfaces, nothing enters my home if it may not be disinfected. I even disinfect money with alcohol. My jacket stays on a hanger in the balcony.
Every time I have a delivery and need to receive it at the entrance when I enter I disinfect keys, door knob and lock, elevator button on my floor and whatever I touched. I wash the clothes I wear outside at 60 degrees and disinfect my bath tub. The only shoes I wear I take them off before getting into my home, I disinfect them with alcohol and the soles with lavandina and they remain untouched until I go out again.

Besides washing my hands all the time and disinfecting surfaces, nothing enters my home if it may not be disinfected. I even disinfect money with alcohol. My jacket stays on a hanger in the balcony.
Every time I have a delivery and need to receive it at the entrance when I enter I disinfect keys, door knob and lock, elevator button on my floor and whatever I touched. I wash the clothes I wear outside at 60 degrees and disinfect my bath tub. The only shoes I wear I take them off before getting into my home, I disinfect them with alcohol and the soles with lavandina and they remain untouched until I go out again.
WOW!

In addition to wearing that mask! I shop on line and make fewer trips to stores.

I carry a few plastic disposable gloves with me everywhere I go. When I need to open a door or touch a common surface, I whip a glove out, put it on my hand and touch the surface. When I am done, I pull the glove off my hand in an inside out fashion touching the clean, inner part and throw it away in the nearest rubbish container.
Really? Do just add more plastic trash. What is wrong with hand sanitizer?

We wear masks, work and study online, and leave the apartment once a week for grocery shopping ( fortunately now supermarket deliveries are normal so I went back to online shopping just so I do not set foot on any store ). We go out once or twice a week in our car to some park or area with little to no people to walk around and exercise a bit. Anything that comes from outside or every time we accidentally touch anything while outside we disinfect with gel alcohol. If we have to go into a pharmacy, etc we wear mask and glasses. It is important to protect your eyes.

Back