What Papers Do I Need For A Dni?

Dmiller

Registered
Hey guys i am coming back to Buenos Aires and i want to get my DNI. I was wondering what papers i will need to bring. I am looking to get permanent residency. THANKS!

You will need to bring an apostilled criminal record check, birth certificate and marriage certificate (if you are doing it through your partner). Everything else you can sort out here. When you get here you will need to have those docs officially translated and legalized

Hey guys i am coming back to Buenos Aires and i want to get my DNI. I was wondering what papers i will need to bring. I am looking to get permanent residency. THANKS!

Like most who have recently posted about wanting to get a DNI you didn't provide any information as to why you think you might qualify for one. That makes a difference in the papers you will need to present to migraciones.

Do you have a stable foreign income of at least the equivalent of $8000 pesos per month or a job that is approved by migraciones...or are you married to or the parent of a child born in Argentina or was one of your parents born in Argentina?

In the first two cases you can only apply for temporary residency. In the others you can apply for permanent residency. Temporary resident visas (including work visas) must be renewed annually and may become permanent on the third renewal. Student visas are all temporary and cannot become permanent resident visas.

You can also apply for citizenship one year from the date you entered Argentina for the first time, but that is not something to do without being aware of the consequences

You no longer need a birth certificate to apply for either temporary or permanent residency.

Back