What`s Up With Barrio Chino These Days?

Yet you continue to give them your business?
'A fool and his money are soon parted.'

Have to find another Pescadaria or go back to Jumbo.
Problem with Jumbo is They don`t always have "Entero".
Sometimes they ONLY have "filet".

Barrio Chino Salmon used to be unquestionable quality fresh .

About 3 weeks ago, and as usual bought Uno Entero. Opened the bolsa at home for a shock:
.................... Spoiled unfit for human consumption. Total loss $1600 and a change.

Tonight I looked ...... and absolutely immediately walked away.
No way I`d buy fish with pale gills that look like they are cooked.
They have no problem selling it.
No health department inspection ???????

The very obvious major way you can tell, is the gills have to be bright red and bloody.
(if it doesn`t pass this test, ..... never mind other tests, )

Weird.
Where did it happened?
I buy at Casa China and I choose the Fish.

They sell defrozen at Jumbo, no thanks.

Weird.
Where did it happened?
I buy at Casa China and I choose the Fish.

They sell defrozen at Jumbo, no thanks.
I`m more than willing to spend time and money to file an official complaint, if you (or any one) can advise me what to do. Is it Ministry of health, or consumer protection, or ...???????

I can assure you that it is the standard practice nowadays in all 3 CASA CHINA (2 on Arribenous, 1 on Mendosa).
Guaranteed, any day of the week I can buy spoiled fish as an evidence (and I will keep the receipt).

Problem is, .... where to go? .... what to do?

(This ONLY MEAT eating country [actually all South America] has no clue about seafood .... disgusting!!!! )

SABORES Marinos They deliver to the house. I stock the freezer with their fish. I get the same woman every time and the same guy delivering it every time. I am guessing he is one of the owners. He warned me that the Lenguado has a short shelf life, even in the freezer( I avoid it). I have been using them for years, 100% good experiences.

From this day forward, if you talk about a negative experience in Chinatown or at the supermarket with fish, then you cry about overpaying or keel over dead from it--You had it coming.

What can you report at the consumer protection agency in BA?

http://www.buenosaires.gob.ar/defensaconsumidor/pasos-para-realizar-tu-denuncia/que-podes-denunciar

Food is not on the list.

<p>
I`m more than willing to spend time and money to file an official complaint, if you (or any one) can advise me what to do. Is it Ministry of health, or consumer protection, or ...???????

I can assure you that it is the standard practice nowadays in all 3 CASA CHINA (2 on Arribenous, 1 on Mendosa).
Guaranteed, any day of the week I can buy spoiled fish as an evidence (and I will keep the receipt).

Problem is, .... where to go? .... what to do?

(This ONLY MEAT eating country [actually all South America] has no clue about seafood .... disgusting!!!! )

If you want to report them:

http://www.anmat.gov...alimentaria.asp

Sr. Ignacio José Parera Director de la Direccion General de Higiene y Seguridad Alimentaria Agencia Gubernamental de Control Tte. Gral. Juan Domingo Perón 2933/2941 (1198) Ciudad Autónoma de Buenos Aires TE: 4860- 5200 Correo electrónico: [email protected] aditionally

En el Instituto Nacional de Alimentos (INAL), dependiente del ministerio de Salud, por teléfono, al 0800-222-6110.

En el Servicio Nacional de Sanidad y Calidad Agroalimentaria (SENASA) por teléfono al 4331 – 6041 al 6049 o personalmente en Av. Paseo Colon 367.

If you get intoxicated here you have a step by step guide, with what to do http://www.protectora.org.ar/formularios-reclamos/formulario-de-reclamo-por-intoxicacion-y-enfermedades-de-trasmicion-alimentaria/1709/

If you want to report them:

http://www.anmat.gov...alimentaria.asp

Sr. Ignacio José Parera Director de la Direccion General de Higiene y Seguridad Alimentaria Agencia Gubernamental de Control Tte. Gral. Juan Domingo Perón 2933/2941 (1198) Ciudad Autónoma de Buenos Aires TE: 4860- 5200 Correo electrónico: [email protected] aditionally

En el Instituto Nacional de Alimentos (INAL), dependiente del ministerio de Salud, por teléfono, al 0800-222-6110.

En el Servicio Nacional de Sanidad y Calidad Agroalimentaria (SENASA) por teléfono al 4331 – 6041 al 6049 o personalmente en Av. Paseo Colon 367.

If you get intoxicated here you have a step by step guide, with what to do http://www.protector...imentaria/1709/
Thanks for the exhaustive list of organizations to choose from.
I`ll start with (SENASA) to personally get a feel of the prospects.
(Probably I`ll get nowhere)

Thanks for the exhaustive list of organizations to choose from.
I`ll start with (SENASA) to personally get a feel of the prospects.
(Probably I`ll get nowhere)
Most people, locals and expats alike complain about different things, but it is a tiny percentage who actually take the time to report anything. I can tell you from personal experience, sometimes you are pleasantly surprised by the results ;) I usually complain and take action.

Back