What to do on Fri, Sat, Sun for singles?

BAJoe

Registered
Are there any sponsored events over the weekends? They seem to be mainly on weekdays

True: have you noticed?...

There are tons of activities for anybody to join in on, from Mondays thru Thursdays, ....but then there is an absolute blank over the weekends!

It´s like you´re "supposed" to have a "pareja" or date by every end of the week. But what if we don´t?

I don´t particularly care for going out alone and trying the "levante" (pick-up) system. It´s not fun for me.

Are there any steady group activities for those "salida" nights, for singles to mingle, or expats to meet locals?

Or perhaps bars where ex-pats do regularly gather, where it may be OK to approach and join in on conversations?

All suggestions welcome! Gracias!!

If you want a good club to go to I can get you on the guestlist for Asia de Cuba tonight (Puerto Madero) or Hummer in Palermo (Cachengue night tonight where it's good to meet local singles). For pre drinks 878 is a nice bar in Villa Crespo. My favourite place is Bangalore pub but it gets a bit packed at weekends.

If you are into sports you can watch soccer, NBA, NHL or MLB in a bar, that's always a good starting point for a conversation?

Which team do you support?
LeBron is great not?
Nice move not?
Great goal!!!!

Stuff like that

Fettucini said:
If you want a good club to go to I can get you on the guestlist for Asia de Cuba tonight (Puerto Madero) or Hummer in Palermo (Cachengue night tonight where it's good to meet local singles).

Did someone say "HUMMER"?

n567077537_2334637_5281893.jpg

How early do you have to get there if you're on the guest list?

The way I understand it the guy does not want to play the pick-up game.

If that is out of the question probally only a few bars I know of might be good for him. Bars like Unico in Puerto Madero, Million, Alamo

Fettucini, do you gather your party inside the club and introduce each guest to the others? Or Do you meet outside and all go in together?

I don´t know if I´m being understood here. Of course I can go alone on my own, I´m not looking for a free pass.

I´m looking for group visits, or at least, expat groups one can easily join in on. I once joined a bar-hopping group but saw a cute wasted girl throwing up, and that´s not my idea of fun.

It´s just that the "levante" scene is so unpredictable and uncomfortable. Of course I´d rather have a date to take out. When I do, it´s no problem. I´m asking for an alternative when we can´t arrange a date.

USARG said:
I once joined a bar-hopping group but saw a cute wasted girl throwing up, and that's not my idea of fun.

You obviously didn't have your camera with you.

I have a great shot of a girl sitting cross-legged ("Indian style" when I was growing up) leaning completely over and there was clear liquid (almost like water, but definitely not) flowing away from directly below her face. (She had a pretty long torso.)

She was backed up to the base of outside wall of the bullring in Pamplona and it was about 8:30am. I would post the pic, but this was "pre-digital" and it's in a bag in storage back in the States.

What is there to do on the week? I know there are a couple speed dating groups but I haven't seen many other types of events/activities aimed directly at singles. I was actually recently thinking about organizing some singles nights... a mix and mingle cocktail at a nice bar in town. I am working on a startup company right now but I could pull it off if 1-2 people want to help get the first event off the ground. If any of you are interested let me know.

Scott Valdez
[email protected]

Back