What To Do With Extra Pesos In Pocket?

Dada

Registered
I happen to have a few extra pesos in my pocket, which I'm not keen on blowing quite yet. Does anyone have to deal with the same?

The problem is, my one and only account is in the UK, in £, and it's close to empty. Here, the papeladas will take forever before I reach a stage where I can have an account in pesos. Ideally, I'd like to load my excess into my existing £ account, at the official rate, which I know is utopia. What is the next option? Do I have to dollarize it at blue rate? (I think so). After that, can I just load it into my account from here, or do I have to do it in Uruguay???

Btw, my account is with HSBC and I've seen them around here. Not sure if that makes a difference?

Yeah, I'm almost positive you wouldn't be able to deposit your money in an HSBC here. Nothing here will work like that unless you are all set up with an account here and permission to transfer money outside of Argentina - I'm not just talking about any AFIP restriction on currency that Cristina's implemented, but legally set up (which involves a significant amount of paperwork and approvals, or at least it did when I looked into it some 7 years ago).

I doubt you can do it in Uruguay either, but maybe you can. I'm from the US, so I look at any international banking situation pessimistically :)

I like Serafina's suggestion, if you can make the connection. Simple, quick, only the cost of a wire transfer for the person taking the time to wire it. If I had an account in the UK, I'd help you out.

Thank you everyone :)

I'm a teacher, so I make some little cash every day, nothing enormous. It's just getting on my nerves to have so many banknotes in my pocket, while my account is empty. It would be nice to be able to use the nicer things of this century, such as online payments, at least occasionally.

Never mind, I guess I will embrace my current hippie existence fully and just blow it all, rather than wait for inflation to eat it B)

Glad you ask!! you can always give them to me, also i accept dollars ,pounds, or any other currency :p and starting 2016 i will be accepting gold and silver

Back