What To Do With Leftover Pesos?

lisacliff

Registered
Hello,

So myself and my Argentine husband are moving back to the UK in 3 weeks, but, we're not sure what to do with those lovely pesos we're going to have leftover. Can anyone recommend a place to change (buy!) pound sterling? We thought about saving them for future visits but that seems silly considering they're only going to devalue. Any thoughts would be appreciated :) Thanks!

Turn them into dollars at the prevalent blue rate - should be simple enough, but feel free to PM me if you need help with that - then change the dollars back to Sterling at your convenience.

Just give it to the cartoneros or,help the needies, if wanting more value out of them, buy leather goods there in Argentina before trip back to the UKs.

Exchange with expats at slightly better rate (in favor of the expats), that should do it.

Thanks for your replies! We will certainly be donating some. Changing them into dollars is an option, but if there are any friendly expats who would like some pesos for their pounds, we're happy to give a good rate. :)

I change them into 5 peso notes (2 peso back in the Golden Years) and use them to make papier mache to build an effigy of Amadeo Voudou which I then burn near the smoking section of the cafe at ezeiza next to the vertical garden.

It'll be quite chilly in the UK when you get back, keep then for some emergency kindling.

Back