What Was Cristina Up To In The Seychelles Islands?

GS_Dirtboy is making my point (I think), I just don't see Christina herself jetting off (to the Seychelles of all places...) to deposit USDs herself. I'm not saying it's impossible, and yes, hers/Nestor's massive wealth accumulation does seem suspicious in the same way Dick Cheney's interests magically lined up with government contract approvals when he was in office, the only point I'm doubting here is this:

- If She was to move USD to a 3rd country, it's not going to be the Seychelles. Geography, stability, etc.
- If She was to move USD to a 3rd country, she's not going to do it herself
- If She was to move USD to a 3rd country, it's not going to be during her Presidency

Give the woman some credit. If she's smart enough to get elected (twice) she's smart enough to move her money with out getting caught by Lanata (he's not Bob Woodward for crying out loud) , and my field of study isn't money laundering, but just use common sense, even Breaking Bad had better ideas than just moving money on a government plane to a set of islands in the Indian Ocean. Again I'm not saying she isn't doing this, I'm simply arguing that there are major flaws with his theories/"research".

Finally Lanata is about doing sensationalism. He's not a real journalist/reporter/whatever his ego thinks he is. He's about infotainment, gossip and in this instance concoction. (Hell, even other news outlets just roll their eyes at him) We're talking about a man who is the Sunday night equivalent of Bill O'Reilly, minus the Harvard Degree.

Yep, you have totally confirmed my suspicions, you certainly don't have a clue on what you're talking about.

OOohps! about an hour ago, from the official Pink house Twitter account, a tweet was put out calling Lanata a "Fatso" (El Gordo). Within 20 minutes it was deleted.... Ha ha ha ha! Looks like someone in there is feeling a little 'impulsive'....ha ha ha !

That's really immature. As a larger guy myself I really think it's stupid to go down in the mud by making fun of someone's weight, and that includes someone whether it be Lanata or another person I don't like, RushBo. Casa Rosada and it's inturn's can do better than Fatso/Fatty or a Clarín plot. Use your brains guys...

Yepp! I think she's loosing it tonight...ha ha ha ha!!
http://tn.com.ar/sit...casa-rosada.jpg
http://tn.com.ar/sit...sa_rosada_4.jpg

EDIT: Oh..it looks like they are pointing the finger at a hacker now...how could I have jumped to that conclusion, la presi would NEVER tweet like that would she?.

EDIT: It appears that after the embarrassing tweet, they (the pink house), are now trying to blame it on a "Hacker"....Hmmmm...I'm a little suspicious, why? ..well, cause the 'Fatso' tweet was deleted fifteen minutes after it was posted, then later some more silly posts tweeted out, I would say most likely Cris, after last night's other fiasco was probably a little too emotional and who knows , a Malbec too many, may have 'accidentally' hit the 'Enter' button a few too many times while the IT guy down in the basement was most likely too busy texting on his smartphone, not watching things. Now the Pink house IT department is trying to 'Patch it up' with the hacker excuse.... HAckers! they can be so, so naughty can't they! :)

No it wasn't me I swear!

Lanata's methods may be a little rough around the edges, but at least he's calling attention to these actions.
What was she doing there?
What about Nestor's supposed corporation in Ireland?
Why isn't she more forthcoming with information instead of crying "Clarin miente!"
He puts the questions out there for the people to ponder.

What bothers me most of all is that there is little outrage and less action. The system of checks and balances is messed up, the news is useless (just propaganda and which latest celebrity got a boob or butt job), and the opposition is nonexistent - not to mention just as scary. I'm supposed to think that a guy with a tattoo on his neck and looks every bit the part of a mafia gangster is a better choice? How does that guy even make it to that level?

Even when the populace knows their government is stealing - they do nothing. It's expected!

What I can't stand about this country is that the government lies with a straight face, but so do the journalists.
It may comfort you to know, that a couple of years back, Fox News got a court ruling saying that in the US it is completely bona fide to deliberately tell a lie in the news.

ARbound, have you got a handle on this whole affair?
As others have said, Lanata is doing a pretty good job of putting information in the public domain where it belongs and if it makes a government feel uncomfortable, then so be it.
I don't recall any reporter saying that CFK was moving suitcases around the Indian Ocean.
Furthermore, very few of us knew last week that she had made a stop at The Seychelles, the details of which form part of this whole spider web.

It may comfort you to know, that a couple of years back, Fox News got a court ruling saying that in the US it is completely bona fide to deliberately tell a lie in the news.

And it may comfort YOU to know that I'm not an American so I don't care about the US or Fox News or any of the court rulings and it may also comfort you to know that Fox News acquiring court rulings in the US does not justify anything that goes on in Argentina (or are you one of those crazies who think that if the US does it then everyone else should do it too?).

Lastly, I live in Argentina so again I don't care about what other countries are doing. Responses like yours ("well since they do it so I can justify my own stupidity") make it almost impossible to have any kind of intelligent discussion.

Also, I don't think Lanata should be put in prison or be sued or anything even if he did lie. He should be free to say whatever the hell he wants to say. Just because I find something appalling doesn't mean it should be against the law to do that very thing.

As for the discussion at hand, I'd love to see evidence that UIF or AFIP stopped considering Seychelles as a fiscal paradise.

And the responses from the government make their actions all the more suspicious. Taking 13 hours for refueling is also way too long (and the bit about pilots needing rest would only make sense if they only flew with one set of pilots which, for a presidential airplane, I highly doubt).

Anyone know the full itinerary?

As for the discussion at hand, I'd love to see evidence that UIF or AFIP stopped considering Seychelles as a fiscal paradise.

There's documentation that confirms that the Seychelles was temporarily removed from the list. I don't have it on hand but at the time of the occurrence 30th of May 2013 it caused GEN Ricardo Milman, a member of the opposition to register a complaint about it. When the AFIP takes a name off the website & then puts it back on later it does not mean that it was NEVER taken off the list. We all want the hard evidence so we also have to ask, what are the chances that it happened or not when we all know that the same people that control INDEC also control the AFIP. Would the Kirchner government, with it's spotless record in terms of transparency :) , come clean and admit it? Have a read of the article bellow:

http://www.lapolitic...o-cristina.html
"La Politica Online | 30.05.2013 16:53:00

"El diputado nacional del GEN, Gerardo Milman, denunció que luego de la sesión en la que se aprobó la Ley de Blanqueo de capitales y en la que sembró sospechas sobre el viaje de Cristina Kirchner a las islas Seychelles, ahora el Gobierno excluirá a ese país de la lista de paraísos fiscales."

Lanata is what we have, a center left wing journalist who uses swear words, yes, as much as some like to nitpick he's still the only one with all the goods..not that he's had it easy either...he's been sacked a few times from other TV & radio networks cause he dared to ask the uncomfortable questions...so here we are, August 2013 under Cristina & it just so happens that the a capricious diva, drunk on her own power has accumulated some powerful enemies. What ever Clarin's motives , this is a once in a lifetime chance for LAnata to have a powerful backer, so SHOULDN'T he use it? Or should we all just sit by & let Carrio & all her investigations die away into insignificance?
Carrio didn't have the media power behind her, she didn't have the video production team & the powerful media network to air out the evidnece...so along comes Lanata on the Clarin horse, like or loathe him, it's all we have. What CArrio couldn't yet do in ten years Lanata is able to in 12 months...let him carry the torch. Perhaps, perhaps it could lead to a change....very optimistic of me to even consider it I now.

I agree for the most part. And for that reason he needs to be more careful and less liberal with the truth. If he is caught in a lie those who don't want him speaking will jump on the opportunity to make sure he doesn't have any credibility left whatsoever.

If he is really trying to expose the evils of CFK and her husband then he needs to present facts and no fiction. I have liked Lanata's coverage of the K corruption so far but if he's just saying stuff now just to make it more sensational then I don't find any difference between him and the K's who keep swearing that if they were voted out then the vampire corporations along with machete wielding North Americans are going to drain our blood and kill our children before our very eyes.

Cuidadania, can you highlight in which areas in particular Lanata may be stretching the truth?
I appreciate the points that you make and agree that, regardless of our political leanings, we need to be sure we're not being spoon fed.
Also, whilst the 'was the Seychelles on the list or wasn't it?' is an important detail, would it make any difference whether it was or not, should some person be stashing undeclared funds there?

Back