What you need to know about the elections

Thank God they threw out the electronic voting. In Brasil, it was completely obvious from the beginning how they were going to use the machines to steal the election for Lula, and that's exactly what happened. My girlfriend at the time was working in the elections and told me as much after her second day of work, I still have a Justica Electoral vest lying around the house as a souvenir of the whole sordid affair. While paper ballots by no means ensure honest elections, it as least means that someone can't just punch a button and change the outcome of the whole election, they have to sneak truckloads of fake ballots in the old fashioned way.

Thank God they threw out the electronic voting. In Brasil, it was completely obvious from the beginning how they were going to use the machines to steal the election for Lula, and that's exactly what happened. My girlfriend at the time was working in the elections and told me as much after her second day of work, I still have a Justica Electoral vest lying around the house as a souvenir of the whole sordid affair. While paper ballots by no means ensure honest elections, it as least means that someone can't just punch a button and change the outcome of the whole election, they have to sneak truckloads of fake ballots in the old fashioned way.

Those electronic voting machines are the devil, to be sure.
"steal the election for Lula", not so sure I agree with that part, but you're right about the machines vs paper ballots.

Back