Whatever happened to the Obama sycophants?

JoeBlow said:
But I will ask the second half of my question again which was "what [do] you think should be done to protect the US from the enemies it created once ... the teenagers [soldiers] are back home"?

Well since neither the Iraqi or the Afghani people pose any threat to Americans on American soil, there would be need to answer that question.
The only reason they attack your troops is because you occupy their territories. Pull back and they would have no need to attack you.

Now if we're talking about the WTC bombings or the 9/11 attacks, those are separate issues I can spend quite some time debating as I don't think Arabs were responsible for them.

orwellian said:
Well since neither the Iraqi or the Afghani people pose any threat to Americans on American soil, there would be need to answer that question.

Ok, but just as with the affirmation that the captives at Guantánamo are no threat to US (etc) citizens, how can you show me that no Iraqi or Afghani citizens pose any threat to US citizens on US soil? I would possibly like to use your arguments when talking to the type of person (in my family, let's say) who insists that the enemy is lurking around the corner.

JoeBlow said:
Ok, but just as with the affirmation that the captives at Guantánamo are no threat to US (etc) citizens, how can you show me that no Iraqi or Afghani citizens pose any threat to US citizens on US soil? I would possibly like to use your arguments when talking to the type of person (in my family, let's say) who insists that the enemy is lurking around the corner.

You would be wasting your time as you will never convince them. I stopped trying years ago. Partly it's deep indoctrination over years and years, partly it's ignorance of historical context that will never admit itself as such. It's a deeply embedded paranoia and angst that can't be attacked by reason. A siege mentality that plays well into the hands of US policymakers.

Back