What's A Seattlelite To Do..

I live near Edison, a town of 150 about equidistant between Anacortes, Mt. Vernon, and Bellingham, at the foot of Chuckanut Drive.
Bellingham is nice, although somewhat odd due to 15,000 or 20,000 college kids who just want lots of cheap food.
I have a son in school up there, he loves it.

When the northwest is good, its really good. Today, for example, is amazing. And blueberries are ripe- we are picking a half gallon a day these days.

I live near Edison, a town of 150 about equidistant between Anacortes, Mt. Vernon, and Bellingham, at the foot of Chuckanut Drive.
Bellingham is nice, although somewhat odd due to 15,000 or 20,000 college kids who just want lots of cheap food.
I have a son in school up there, he loves it.

When the northwest is good, its really good. Today, for example, is amazing. And blueberries are ripe- we are picking a half gallon a day these days.

Village Books in Bellingham is one of my favorites. I've spoken there several times.

The weather in both cities sucks in my point of view. As far as weather goes, you can't beat San Diego. Neither humid nor dry and virtually 60-75 degrees all year round. Now if they could get a decent baseball team.....

Well, I've been in Seattle for 1 month now, and the weather is amazingly beautiful this year. We are right in the middle, living on Portage Bay, and really the traffic is not all that bad.
Oh, and we had a nice pizza last night!
Nancy

The weather in both cities sucks in my point of view. As far as weather goes, you can't beat San Diego. Neither humid nor dry and virtually 60-75 degrees all year round. Now if they could get a decent baseball team.....

San Diego will always suffer drought, and the Pads will never hit much.

I've spent many summer days in and around Seattle (visiting extended family) and I've always thought that it is one of the most beautiful cities in the US, on a beautiful day. That said, my husband has gone to Seattle with me at least a half a dozen times, and he thinks Mount Rainier is just a figment of my imagination… ;)

Back