What's A Seattlelite To Do..

Last time I went to see him we went up to the pass east of Issaguah and there was a lot of snow. Lots. But agree , the city is a cold , wet , miserable place in the winter. That was in December , so I was not surprised.

The days are short and you may not see the sun for weeks, but it is not especially cold.

High 40's low 50's, too cold for me, that said the pass east of Issaguah is not Seattle.
Nancy

we should do a secret "Seattlights only" meeting to discuss the weather in Seattle (endless topic). :) for me, Buenos Aires has a great climate. I always visited this city in the summer (for some people it's too hot and I survived this summer without the air conditioner) and this is my first winter here. It's definitely better than the "wet season" (which usually lasts 6 month) in Seattle.

I love summer in the Northwest. Then, I love summer in Buenos Aires. I usually hit both of em, and skip the drizzle.
Best of both worlds.

I love summer in the Northwest. Then, I love summer in Buenos Aires. I usually hit both of em, and skip the drizzle.
Best of both worlds.

I lived through plenty of soggy summers during my Tacoma boyhood.

I knew, it will be an "endless" discussion. not the seattle freeze, not the cost of living. just the weather, weather, and weather. :)

Best of both worlds.

I love winter in the northwest and don't mind it in Buenos Aires. I've lived here in Argentina for five years and I've spent every January and 2 Februaries and 2 Decembers in in the PNW.

Summer here is awful. I meet so many part time expats snowbirds here and while intellectually I can comprehend that some people may prefer disgusting stagnant humidity and mosquitos, it is just so foreign to me that I can't fully understand it.

This year, while half the city (including my girlfriend) was melting in their sweltering apartments, lacking both electricity and running water and trying to sleep to the sounds of buzzing mosquitos and cacerolazos, I was enjoy a beautiful June-uary day 10000 ft above Seattle enjoying the view and waiting for the sun to do it's magic on the incredibly steep shots above the nisqually glacier. Best of all, 33 degrees under a blazing alpine sun, I was in a t-shirt most of the day.

IMAGE_58.jpg

Lucky for me, I live in a 100 year old building in BsAs, thick walls, it stays cool with minimal AC. And I don't mind the heat, as long as I am not doing manual labor outside. So summer in BsAs is fun, for me- I go out at midnight, and watch bands til 4am, eat lots of ice cream, drink quilmes, and have fun.
Unlike Seattle, BsAs has cheap mass transit, I almost never take taxis, I just use my Sube Card.

Traffic in Seattle is reaching towards total gridlock this summer. If there is a Mariners game, the whole downtown is just stuck.
There are currently 50 major construction projects in the central core, with 50 more permitted and ready to go. Virtually every block has sidewalks and lanes closed, cement trucks backing in, or cranes swinging overhead. Buses go a block every ten minutes, and there is no subte and virtually no light rail. Hardly any buses, and they cost about ten times what they do in Argentina.

And Seattleites complain, nonstop, as soon as the temp breaks 70 farenheit- whining so loud I can hear it up here, 60 miles to the north.

So you're around Mount Vernon or Anacortes? Bellingham is one of my favorite northwestern towns.

Back