What's That I Smell?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aníbal Fernández had more people killed and dumped in the sewer system to preserve his drug empire???

enhanced-buzz-wide-13996-1380879684-28.jpg

it always smells like that on a election year!

it seems the smell comes from an underground layer of mud, parts of the city were built over it. it`s rio de la plata mud that`s the reason for the strong smell.

Nobody knows. We were trying to get some info at work. I hope, it's not toxic. It did smell like ammonia for about 45 minutes at my work (Tronador)

If Macri gets elected President the whole country is going to stink.

Nobody knows. We were trying to get some info at work. I hope, it's not toxic. It did smell like ammonia for about 45 minutes at my work (Tronador)
c5n had an engineer talking about this. long story short: the mud layer releases gases every now and then same as a swamp would. if the gas can`t scape it can cause an small movement above ground (like a mini earth squake affecting only a few blocks or even only one building). the new tunnels had a thinning effect over the underground layers making it easier for the gas to scape from the mud.

about the mini earthquakes http://www.elentrerios.com/interes-general/temblo-la-ciudad-de-buenos-aires.htm

Strange. The environmental consulting is my profession. The only smellable gas from a swamp would be methane, but it doesn't have an odor. I am pretty sure, It was some explosion on the plant. They hide things here very well.

The past few weeks we've been having serious issues with a strange smell... either someone is burning something toxic or dumping it in the sewers. The smell is absolutely awful. I thought maybe today's was the same, but it's different than the "cat pee" smell. Smells almost of burning rubber, chemical.... provoking headaches, dry mouth, and nausea to family members and neighbors. It's so bad some nights, we've had to leave the house and have been looking into moving.

The authorities have proven to be useless. Getting someone out here who knows what they're doing at the time it happens is difficult.

I doubt any other expats are too close by, I think it's one of our factory neighbors or a truck that parks somewhere and dumps, but we're on Avenida Marquez, provincia - close to Villa Bosch.

Provincial has the worst environmental regulations. It has OPDS (local environmental agency), but their laws are generally overlooked. After doing Environmental Site Assessments in CABA and Prov de BA, I would never live in provincia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back