Whats The Best Neighborhood For 27 Year Old Female?

I'm 50 and live in Recoleta and it is great! Beautiful buildings, very few broken sidewalks and very safe. However, if I were 27, I would never live here. They are right - go to Palermo.

As for the Starbucks comments - don't listen to them. The coffee here sucks. Granted, that they would be correct if you were in Europe - but the this ain't Europe.

It's funny to me how expats often run down Starbucks (which by the way is not a place I frequent here) and act like the coffee here is better. Of curse if is not. The coffee they serve here is all imported. Furthermore, and for the most part (like most things imported here) it is simply rot gut coffee that they are importing. If you want decent coffee here, try Nespresso. For me, at least, it is they best coffee they have to offer here.

My advice is go to Starbucks and enjoy the damn cup of coffee you are used to.

I hope you have a great visit. I have been here for 10 years and love it. It is a very nice city.

Palermo (botanico) for sure.
It also depends on who you are and how long you will be in BA.
Usually expats settle down in Recoleta or good part of Palermo first. After 1 year or two, they move tp other part like Villa Crepso, Palermo Viejo.
Then they get comfortable, marry a local guy/girl, they move to San Telmo, Amagro, Caballito .. even to outside city ..

For beginner, Palermo seems to be your place. Botanic is a lovely section. Palermo Chico is great but maybe too pretentious, if you do not run for president.

I'm 50 and live in Recoleta and it is great! Beautiful buildings, very few broken sidewalks and very safe. However, if I were 27, I would never live here. They are right - go to Palermo.
So Recoleta is for expats who are above 50 years old or 40 years old ? Looks like I am too old if I like Recoleta :)
I just like to walk on unbroken pavement. There are already dog shit and other trash on the road, broken sidewalk just adds another annoying factor.

Usually expats settle down in Recoleta or good part of Palermo first. After 1 year or two, they move tp other part like Villa Crepso, Palermo Viejo.
Then they get comfortable, marry a local guy/girl, they move to San Telmo, Amagro, Caballito .. even to outside city ..

For beginner, Palermo seems to be your place. Botanic is a lovely section. Palermo Chico is great but maybe too pretentious, if you do not run for president.

Agreed 100% to the above.

I would agree, and add...

If you fall in love with an Argentine and get pregnant, move to Belgrano, preferably R. For the second baby, consider moving north of the city and wonder if Tigre is too far ������

Welcome!
Then put your kids at Lincoln High.
We already planned your life for you, welcome!

Then put your kids at Lincoln High.
We already planned your life for you, welcome!

When the kids are old, send them back to States or Uk...and retire in Bariloche or Calafayte. healthcare is good here. Better to plan yr old age and subsequent death in Arg.

It's reassuring to know that death is subsequent to old age. I just needed reminding.
Life in Palermo sounds very exiting compared to where we live near Olivos and no one's even mentioned pizza yet.

Back