What's The Dealio With Argentine Primary Elections???

Right. Maduro isn't a multimillionaire, he's doing a standup job with Venezuela. :rolleyes:

If I could, I would vote for someone who is able to do the job, regardless of whether they're a millionaire or not, woman or man, black, yellow, white or orange. Weird standards people have these days for electing politicians.

Right. Maduro isn't a multimillionaire, he's doing a standup job with Venezuela. :rolleyes:

If I could, I would vote for someone who is able to do the job, regardless of whether they're a millionaire or not, woman or man, black, yellow, white or orange. Weird standards people have these days for electing politicians.

Well, the problem of multi millionaires for me is the fact, that they don't have the same problems as myself, nor they ever had. Especially in Argentina they never shared a single thing with 99% of population, which is not necessarily a thing with multi millionaires in other parts of the world. They don't even share roads we are using, as we are not using their helipads, hospitals, public transportation, schools, sidewalks, .... nothing actually. And yet they know the best what we need.

With someone raised in normal environment you at least have a chance person will understand the basics, but what we are facing now are politicians, that inherited their weilth, never worked for it, being pampered in their role. In this case you need someone really smart, educated and especially sincere in what he is doing. None of which is the case in this elections.

Of course you can always come up with bad or good example for every case, but since Argentina managed to vote one or maybe 2 average guys in power in entire history there might be some chance things could turn a bit more normal. Maduro is quite bad example in this case, since he almost accidently came on the position, certainly not because of his capabilities.

Not that I am against millionaires in politics per se, but in Argentina that means entirely other world and complete lack of reality.

But Cristina came from reasonably humble position - her father was a bus driver. Indeed Cristina trades on her origins skillfully while her net wealth has skyrocketed during her time in government (particularly as the president - it's amazing how controlling the government and giving help out to friends and getting it back in return lines the pocket, eh?) and that doesn't even count the rumored amounts she supposedly has stored outside the country.

And one big problem with people with more humble origins getting into politics - if they are truly concerned about those less fortunate than the millionaires, they may be quite fanatical in regards to what they do in "the name of" those they would help, down to justifying the means to achieve an end. Lenin, Stalin, Hitler - all guys with reasonably humble beginnings who "helped" their own people right into the grave, at least those who were actually, or were seen to be, threats to their "help". (no, I'm not comparing Cristina to these guys - they were much more competent and ruthless in their idiocy and evilness).

I'm not sure that anyone (rich or humble) who gets into politics ends up "remembering" what it is "the common person" "needs".

That's why it is useless to vote in the Frente Para La Victoria primary -- they are fielding just one candidate. All the other parties are fielding multiple candidates. The radical party has Carrio, Sanz, and Macri. The Peronists have Massa and De La Sota. Even the communists have their own primary between Nicolas Del Caño and Jorge Altamira.

So you're wrong, the FPV is the only party that is not going to field 2 candidates. The PASO lets the voters participate in any of the these political parties' primaries and vote for whatever candidate they like. So, even voters who are going to vote FPV in October could vote in one of the other primaries this Sunday.

Saludos!

Wrong. FPV decide to present one candidate because tge Pro has only one.

But Cristina came from reasonably humble position - her father was a bus driver. Indeed Cristina trades on her origins skillfully while her net wealth has skyrocketed during her time in government (particularly as the president - it's amazing how controlling the government and giving help out to friends and getting it back in return lines the pocket, eh?) and that doesn't even count the rumored amounts she supposedly has stored outside the country.

And one big problem with people with more humble origins getting into politics - if they are truly concerned about those less fortunate than the millionaires, they may be quite fanatical in regards to what they do in "the name of" those they would help, down to justifying the means to achieve an end. Lenin, Stalin, Hitler - all guys with reasonably humble beginnings who "helped" their own people right into the grave, at least those who were actually, or were seen to be, threats to their "help". (no, I'm not comparing Cristina to these guys - they were much more competent and ruthless in their idiocy and evilness).

I'm not sure that anyone (rich or humble) who gets into politics ends up "remembering" what it is "the common person" "needs".

I'm not saying I would vote someone just because he doesn't have that much, but it would nice to have one here, to see if there is any difference at least. My opinion is, that rich guys we have now would actually like to do something good, if that doesn't interfere with their other occupation, they just simply don't know what.

So you are ending with someone whose biggest achievement is painting roads and buying useless trains, while the other one knows only word subsidio and nothing else...

Otherwise, beside Stalin and Hitler there were and are number of capable politicians of poor origin, but since the best one is the one no one knows about, we won't discuss them.

And Christina you can't count as politician, she wouldn't be nowhere near casa rosada without the hubby...

Well, OK, I was talking about Cristina's humble origins, but Nestor's was not too much different, I think. His father was a postal official and Nestor (the future president, not his father, who had the same name) went to public schools (at least, he wasn't sent to expensive private schools). Of course, I always thought Cristina wouldn't have made it as far without Nestor as well.

I guess my point is that I don't think being a common person, who understands (or at least comes from) common issues is any better than a rich person as a politician, be he or she from a family of politicians or a rich person who came from humble origins, or any derivative thereof. But then again, I see all of government as a fallacy sitting on top of the people who still don't understand that they are the true will and power of a society and they are letting politicians sway and persuade them into things they wouldn't normally do to their own neighbors.

Like take money by force from families in the neighborhood, to go feed the guy on a nearby street corner who doesn't have a home or a job to make money to buy food. I'd rather see neighbors get together to help that person out if they can - it is they who understand that man's plight, and possibly how to resolve it, better than anyone even at the same economic level in another political unity (if for no other reason than that the people locally know the guy in question better than anyone else), but that all gets thrown out the window when you start talking about the common guy politician who convinces everyone it's OK if the money flows through his hands to help out the "neighbor" 500 miles away.

I know many rich people who are good folk. I know many poor people who are good folk, and people of all economic ranges in between as well. My uncle managed to do quite a good job of accumulating a large amount of money in his lifetime and is now enjoying it in retirement (I'm not talking about enough to be comfortable - he's filthy rich and earned every cent of it the right way). He'd make a really honest politician, and would get absolutely nowhere with the ideals he has in abundance, because he would have to "work the system" to get anything done and the real powers-that-be would not allow such changes anyway.

That's the nature of government and politics. Unless it benefits enough people, usually to the detriment of others, and usually the inclusion in some manner those who are already in power, politicians simply can't be honest and make grand changes, for the most part. I'd rather have someone that understands business in power, at least, than someone who has an axe to grind with people who don't understand how everyday people live, as long as he or she isn't a tyrant - people make their own opportunities and when opportunities are plentiful, possibilities are as well. When you have an ideologue in power, anything goes and I don't feel very often that the results are good in the long run.

I understand what you're saying, and I think I even believed similarly once. Maybe I've grown cynical in my middle age, while people accuse me of being innocent ( :) ), but I'd rather have someone who understands business than someone who is an ideologue in power, particularly if given that either of two candidates may be just as corrupt as the other in their own way.

Maduro may not be a billionaire but what about his family circle?? Chavez daughter Maria Gabriela is worth over $3 billion -US... :eek: in banks in Andorra and USA according to INFOBAE....! She's the wealthiest person in Venezuela,
How can Clarin lie So much. :rolleyes:

http://www.infobae.c...-rica-venezuela

I'm speechless and disappointed all my revolutionary heroes are billionaires ?? Chavez, Castro, and now Lula accused of corruption? Will Pepe Mujica follow next.??

Maduro may not be a billionaire but what about his family circle?? Chavez daughter Maria Gabriela is worth over $3 billion -US... :eek: in banks in Andorra and USA according to INFOBAE....! She's the wealthiest person in Venezuela,
How can Clarin lie So much. :rolleyes:

http://www.infobae.c...-rica-venezuela

I'm speechless and disappointed all my revolutionary heroes are billionaires ?? Chavez, Castro, and now Lula accused of corruption? Will Pepe Mujica follow next.??

probably not.

Back