What's The Dealio With The Farmers?

The notion that EU = Industry and No Agri business is wrong to start off with, then we can introduce the US, Canada and Aus and countries with Agribusiness and Industry. Then we could introduce the concept of services industries rather than industry were those countries and the EU also make large profits.

It's such a strange construct that you've offered up that I can't actually start to argue with you because were to start? Do you think Industry and the services economy magically appeared in these economies, or do you think that maybe trading commodities internationally helped developed wealth?

Once you view Argentina as intrinsically different and special you create a weird set of false conditions that allow for peronism to persist in the 21st century, I mean I understand it's roots and have a lot of sympathy there but it has no place in the 21st century.

Have come to the conclusion "playing VICTIM" in Argentina is a national pastime. Big bad world against Argentina.

Never said that. Every country can do what they want with their agro. Since industrialised countries have stronger industry than agro, they decided to protect the agro. As we decided to protect industry, for example with restrictions. There are lots of measures to protect the agro, protectionist measures taken to make their agro to be competitive with agrarian countries. Thats why is very difficult to export to those countries from Argentina. Because of protection. But anyway, thats before China and the soy, that changed everything.

The notion that EU = Industry and No Agri business is wrong to start off with, then we can introduce the US, Canada and Aus and countries with Agribusiness and Industry. Then we could introduce the concept of services industries rather than industry were those countries and the EU also make large profits.

It's such a strange construct that you've offered up that I can't actually start to argue with you because were to start? Do you think Industry and the services economy magically appeared in these economies, or do you think that maybe trading commodities internationally helped developed wealth?

Once you view Argentina as intrinsically different and special you create a weird set of false conditions that allow for peronism to persist in the 21st century, I mean I understand it's roots and have a lot of sympathy there but it has no place in the 21st century.

I never said they had no agrobussiness. The service sector and the industry is something they can and do EXPORT. That is the difference with Argentina. That we only export agro, because our industry is tied with imports.

About Peronism, I didnt understand what you re saying. But FYI Peronism represents here the defense of the internal market, of the Walfare State alla Argentina. Please read the Washington consensus and opose that model to the current one. Then you ll have the two big socio economic projects this country had during the XXth century.
You know, social plans, subsidios, 2 milion of new pensionists, cheap cars, industry, growth, etc, etc
versus a small economy, exclusion, cuts in pensions, unemployment, poverty, agro export economy, etc etc.

Yes the first model includes demagogia and clientelismo and populismo. Sadly, peronismo is the only industrial project this country ever had. The only truly national (by this I mean that does not serve any international interest) project. Thats the so called "Nacional y Popular".

Exactly. It's about time you admitted it.

Im sorry, I think I do understand more than you of my country. In fact I have a sociology degree and I specialized in Argentine history. So I might understand something. Give me some credit.
What I did not understand what you say about the head, would you explain it to me?

Im sorry, I think I do understand more than you of my country. In fact I have a sociology degree and I specialized in Argentine history. So I might understand something. Give me some credit.

For what you know about economics and politics, you may as well live on Mars. You could have a hundred degrees, and it wouldn't change that.

As Dublin2BS so eloquently put it:

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]It's such a strange construct that you've offered up that I can't actually start to argue with you because were to start?[/background]

This applies to most of the things that you say.

And therein lies the meaning of what I said about the head.

Back