What's The Most Difficult Thing In The Spanish Language?

After watching this video I got curious. Do you identify with those people at the beginning?

So is it the rrrrrrr sound? The fact that words can be feminine or masculine? I've always wondered why, generally, English speakers say, for instance, tangou instead of tango. It doesn't seem very hard, or is it? On the other hand, the /æ/ and /z/ in English, that's hard.

Excellent videos also at the end of the video they suggest a series of videos related on Bs. As. for gringos

IMMO the key issues for anglos to master Spanish are:
  1. Of course the double erre. RR
  2. Ignoring the vowels phonetic sounds in Spanish A, E I O U not Ae I Ou Uu as in English
  3. Also the phonetic sound of letters like De not Di as English, Pe not Pi
  4. Etc

I find that the combination of some of the points already mentioned above conspire to make some things very difficult to say. As someone said, the grammar is richer in Spanish and therefore the conjugation / use of tenses / ser vs estar / male & female articles are all inherent throughout the language and applicable to everything you say.

It results in so many combinations of these grammatical characteristics in one sentence or statement that can really clog up the learning process.

With respect to listening, it sounds like people are speaking with a mouthful of cinnamon here. Many consonants get swallowed. Combined with what must be some sort of race I don't know about to say things as rapidly as possible, I find the accent here difficult to understand. My Spanish isn't fantastic anyway.

Accent-wise, I'd compare it to learning English in Glasgow (no offence ejcot)

I wish we had the language in school as a kid - learning as an adult is difficult!! :mellow:

Conjugating English verbs is far more difficult than their Spanish counterparts.
Counting all 72 different types of irregular Spanish verbs?

I once owned a dictionary with all 72 conjugations, but it meant overweight (you gotta pick 'n' chose) to bring it home so I left it in Mexico or somewhere.

The damn masculine and feminine nouns and everything having to agree. Why can't there be asexual nouns in Spanish?

Back