What's The Most Difficult Thing In The Spanish Language?

For the Spanish speakers in the forum. Hacer and to do and to make.

http://www.vocabulary.cl/Intermediate/Do_Make.htm

• Estoy cansado, I am tired. Soy cansado, I am a tired person.
  • Estoy feliz, I'm happy now. Soy feliz, I am happy by nature.
  • Está callada, she's being quiet. Es callada, she's introverted.
  • No estoy listo, I'm not ready. No soy listo, I'm not a quick thinker.

Very good contribution , is ONLY for the Advanced students?
Note the use of La or El varies from country to country and the education levels, La Calor is very common in the countryside.
Is like in English "you's people " is used in the farms. :D

In French too, like this Ribéry interview (soccer player well know for making many mistakes... just aweful). Each buzzer sound is indeed right.

A good review of Para and Por :

Take the Test :cool:

http://www.bowdoin.e...ewgr/ats/43.htm

Thanks Rich One. I have to print that out and put it into my grammar book.

And it gives me an opening to ask a question that's been on my mind. In the streets I often hear what sounds to me like "pollo". But I am quite certain that people don't talk about chicken as often as I hear "pollo". Is it possible that I am hearing "por yo"? I don't hear an "r". But maybe a final "r" gets little if any emphasis?

And, in the same vein, I am sure I heard one day "no se seguro" and I thought, oh yeah, "I don't know for sure". Could that be right? Is that how someone here might say "I don't know for sure"?

Thanks, Bob

And it gives me an opening to ask a question that's been on my mind. In the streets I often hear what sounds to me like "pollo". But I am quite certain that people don't talk about chicken as often as I hear "pollo". Is it possible that I am hearing "por yo"? I don't hear an "r". But maybe a final "r" gets little if any emphasis?

And, in the same vein, I am sure I heard one day "no se seguro" and I thought, oh yeah, "I don't know for sure". Could that be right? Is that how someone here might say "I don't know for sure"?

Thanks, Bob

Pollo? may be repollo /cabbage ? or Polla /lottery ? ohhh I see, maybe (te) apoyo :D (bad)
I don't know for sure? in pure slang:
  1. me mataste
  2. ni idea
  3. no estoy seguro

A good review of Para and Por :

Take the Test :cool:

http://www.bowdoin.e...ewgr/ats/43.htm

Hey! I wrote all the answers correctly and got a 98%. I wanted to get a 100% for once!

I don't think "Soy cansado" is right, perhaps it is in theory but you won't hear it anywhere. I think cansino is the right word, but it's not a common word.

Thanks, Bob

"Por yo" doesn't exist, it would be "por mi". Perhaps the guy nickname is Pollo. I don't know for sure = No estoy del todo seguro. Perhaps it was "no se, seguro?"

Hope you didn't mind the corrections.

Estoy muerto, I'm dead right now. Soy muerto, I'm permanently dead.

I went to live in the the Czech Republic at 35 yrs of age
ive been there now 20 yrs
you want to talk about difficult Czech is one of the most difficult European langauges for English or Spanish speakers to learn
7 cases which mean every word such as teh subject, direct object, etc can de said in 7 ways
the simple word VODA which mean water can look like this
VODA is on the table
give me VODU
give me a glass of VODY
put the spoon in the VODE
Oh VODO you are the source of life
a scotch with VODOU
etc get the point? and Voda is a simple word
we have three genders all verbs must be conjugated according to gender and quantity of people
even the numbers are not a simple uno, dos tres- jeden dva tri
jedno pivo one beer
dve piva two beers
pet piv five beers
so while spanish may present some difficulties for many consider yourselves lucky!
Esteban

Back