What's the "River" neighborhood in Belgrano like?

BAwithkids

Registered
It seems that there are few rentals in this area (down towards the stadium at River Plate), but I found one (expensive, though), and wondered what it's like - safe? quiet?

I REALLY appreciate how helpful everyone has been with my obsessive apartment questions. I know that the logical thing to do is wait until we're there to find a place, but I can't stop myself from continuing to look from afar. Thanks!

The only time I think that you will have an issue is when River is playing because then it might not be so safe or quiet, but its not a bad location. The biggest issue for me there, is transportation, or the lack of it. All you have are 3 or 4 buses and the subway is at least 7 or 8 blocks away. It may not seem like much until you have to take a combination of buses every day or walked a long way to get to the bus to get around.

Another thing I noticed in the area is that there is not to many stores in the area. Sure you can find supermarkets but thats about all. I've never been able to even find a kiosko there.

It is a residencial area, with more houses than apartment building. Most of the houses have swimming pool, backyard and a place where to cook bbq (asado). There are no businesses in 10 blocks. Here one block is 100 meters, so 10 blocks means 1 kilometer.

You will need to have a car (with a parking garage), or a good network of remises and radio taxis where to call. be aware that when it is raining or at rush hours, you can be waiting up to one hour to get a remise or radio taxi at your door.

It depends in what are you looking for.

Did you get my email last week about belgrano place on conesa?

Hylton said:
Did you get my email last week about belgrano place on conesa?

No - I didn't! I wonder if there is a problem with the PM system? I sent some PMs also that I suspect were not received... Please resend if you get a chance.

Roxana said:
It is a residencial area, with more houses than apartment building. Most of the houses have swimming pool, backyard and a place where to cook bbq (asado). There are no businesses in 10 blocks. Here one block is 100 meters, so 10 blocks means 1 kilometer.

You will need to have a car (with a parking garage), or a good network of remises and radio taxis where to call. be aware that when it is raining or at rush hours, you can be waiting up to one hour to get a remise or radio taxi at your door.

It depends in what are you looking for.

Thanks Roxana - This is just what I needed to know. We won't have a car, and I was concerned that this might be an inconvenient location (despite some nice things about it). And thanks for the PM - I'll definitely keep that option in mind. You've been such a help!

BAwithkids said:
Thanks Roxana - This is just what I needed to know. We won't have a car, and I was concerned that this might be an inconvenient location (despite some nice things about it). And thanks for the PM - I'll definitely keep that option in mind. You've been such a help!

I would avoid the area near the River stadium for people coming to live here who are not Argentine. While yes it's nice and quiet and there are some (not all) nice houses there, it's totally out of the way and at night it's dark and deolate. Once you pass Av. Libertador in Belgrano it's not that great of an area.

If you want this type of residential neighborhood feel and don't mind being out of the center of town, but still inside Capital Federal, I suggest Villa Pueyrredon or Villa Devoto, 2 very nice neighborhoods of mostly large houses, some apartments and lots of trees, shade and shopping close by.

Davidglen77 said:
I would avoid the area near the River stadium for people coming to live here who are not Argentine. While yes it's nice and quiet and there are some (not all) nice houses there, it's totally out of the way and at night it's dark and deolate. Once you pass Av. Libertador in Belgrano it's not that great of an area.

If you want this type of residential neighborhood feel and don't mind being out of the center of town, but still inside Capital Federal, I suggest Villa Pueyrredon or Villa Devoto, 2 very nice neighborhoods of mostly large houses, some apartments and lots of trees, shade and shopping close by.

This is excellent advice.

the "river" neighborhood is, as others said, upscale, out of the way, inconvenient, and, in my opinion, extremely boring. nothing to do with buenos aires, it's like a gated suburb. so, regardless of what you want, city or suburb, you can do better.

Back