What's up with fast food prices?

Redpossum

Registered
I found myself out looking for some dinner later than usual last night, after spending some 5 hours wrestling with a recalcitrant piece of software.

Around 10pm, coming back from the ATM, I was walking up Tribunales, and I peeked into the McDonalds. At a quick glance, all the sizable hamburgers looked to be 3600-4500 pesos, and there was a *mob* of people waiting, maybe 35-40. Shaking my head, I walked on north toward the tracks, and looked into the Mostaza. Prices were even higher, and there were far fewer people. Muttering under my breath, I headed homewards and went into my favorite neighborhood cafe instead.

I had a hamburguesa completa, topped with lettuce, tomato, ham, cheese, and an egg, plus a mountain of good fresh fries, accompanied by a big glass of red wine, a large bottle of water with gas, and then a bombon suizo, (a slab of ice cream bathed in chocolate), for dessert. In addition, they also brought me bread and some very good berenjena en escabeche to accompany my wine while I was waiting for the burger. The tab was only 5000 pesos. I tipped the waitress 1000 pesos.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over? WHY are all those boludos in the MickeyD's?

As an aside, I have to say I am loving my new neighborhood of Villa Urquiza. This place is so much nicer than downtown.

people seem to love McDonald's garbage there for some reason. always crowded

The undeniable fact remains, the peso's ongoing devaluation is driving up prices. I habitually convert everything into dollars, a practice I've never abandoned. It might not be the best approach, but it's a strategy that helps me maintain a sense of financial stability.

I found myself out looking for some dinner later than usual last night...

...About 10 pm...I had a hamburguesa completa, topped with lettuce, tomato, ham, cheese, and an egg, plus a mountain of good fresh fries, accompanied by a big glass of red wine, a large bottle of water with gas, and then a bombon suizo, (a slab of ice cream bathed in chocolate), for dessert. In addition, they also brought me bread and some very good berenjena en escabeche to accompany my wine while I was waiting for the burger.
Please define "good fresh fries," how they were prepared (if you know).

Last edited:
Back