Whats Up With Mercadolibre These Days?

TWB103

Registered
In the past I've put items up for sale and they usually sold within a week or 2 for a reasonable price. These days it takes longer to shift stuff and with lower prices than I would like. Anyone else experiencing the same?

Me too, in spite of my well honed presentations.
It does of course depend on what you're selling and if it falls into electronic goods like phones, laptops etc, ML have this compulsory Mercadopago policy, when in fact many people prefer to pay in cash.
I also put exactly the same on OLX and I've noticed the same, so it could be just the same old same old. Many people are skint.

ML have this compulsory Mercadopago policy, when in fact many people prefer to pay in cash.

Based upon my most recent publications and purchases I am sure that ML has the "draconian policy" of requiring sellers to accept payment by Mercadopago, but at the time of purchase the buyer can select the option to make the payment in "acuerdo con el vendedor" which means in agreement with the seller.

Payment can be made by several methods which include payment by credit card or a payment service such as rapipago and pagofacil (all forms of Mercadopago) or to pay by bank transfer or cash in hand.

For years, I always prefered and used "acuerdo con el vendedor" to pay cash.

Nowadays, this option is disappearing and becoming more and more scarce.
Last purchase had no option, but to use “MercadoPago”.
Drove all the way to LomaDeZamora to pick up, but the vendedora did not have my purchased item.
“MercadoPago” will not refund my cash.
They will give you credit to use for your next purchase.

Fortunately, it was a small amount of cash, ….
So there will be NO NEXT PURCHASE for me unless it`s "acuerdo con el vendedor"

If I use CreditCard, I assume that you can get a refund, (if they don`t have your item), ... am I mistaken?

Based upon my most recent publications and purchases I am sure that ML has the "draconian policy" of requiring sellers to accept payment by Mercadopago, but at the time of purchase the buyer can select the option to make the payment in "acuerdo con el vendedor" which means in agreement with the seller.

Payment can be made by several methods which include payment by credit card or a payment service such as rapipago and pagofacil (all forms of Mercadopago) or to pay by bank transfer or cash in hand.
Thanks for that Steve.
So you're saying that, even though when publishing a sale for an item where 'cash in hand' or 'with agreement etc' is NOT available to me, if someone clicks 'buy' they get the option to arrange whatever option (cash for example) to choose?

For years, I always prefered and used "acuerdo con el vendedor" to pay cash.

Nowadays, this option is disappearing and becoming more and more scarce.
Last purchase had no option, but to use “MercadoPago”.
Drove all the way to LomaDeZamora to pick up, but the vendedora did not have my purchased item.
“MercadoPago” will not refund my cash.
They will give you credit to use for your next purchase.

Fortunately, it was a small amount of cash, ….
So there will be NO NEXT PURCHASE for me unless it`s "acuerdo con el vendedor"

If I use CreditCard, I assume that you can get a refund, (if they don`t have your item), ... am I mistaken?

I recently wanted to buy a ceiling light fixture that was priced incredibly low ($350 pesos) but the cost of delivery by mercadoenvios was about $650!

The seller agreed to make the send by micro (aka bus) and that cost was $222!

I made the purchase and selected the payment option by credit card. When I continued to the next step there was no option to agree with the seller for the delivery except by mercado envios at the excessively high cost.

I did not complete the purchase. I canceled it and a few minutes later it no longer appeared in my resumen (summary) of purchases.

I returned to the publication and this time, before clicking on comprar, I clicked on the word modificar and selected the option Lo retiro en domicilio del vendedor.

I made the purchase and paid with my credit card without having the delivery by mercado envios (only OCA and Correo Argentino). I sent the seller the details for the shipment by micro (in this case El Rapido). The item arrived in four days.

PS: If you pay by credit card and do not receive the item you can get a refund, but you have to make a "reclamo" (claim) within 20 days of the purchase. If you pay by by rapipago or pagofacil, don't receive the item, and make a claim within the alloted time, your account will he credited and then you can transfer those funds to a bank account or apply them to a future purchase.

Thanks for that Steve.
So you're saying that, even though when publishing a sale for an item where 'cash in hand' or 'with agreement etc' is NOT available to me, if someone clicks 'buy' they get the option to arrange whatever option (cash for example) to choose?

If you want to pay in cash for or pick up an item that is published with mercado envios as the method of delivery, it is imperative to click on modificar before making the purchase (clicking on comprar).

I am not absolutely certain you will always have the option to pay in cash or pick up the item in person, but if the item is published with the delivery by mercado envios, this is the only way I know of to have the option to retrieve the item in person and pay in cash.

[background=rgb(255, 255, 255)]I[/background][background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]t can take a couple weeks to resolve a reclamo unless the seller is willing to make a refund immediately. It is also possible to ask ML to intervene and help with an uncooperative seller. The best feature of mercado envios is that the item is automatically insured for the purchase price plus the shipping. A couple lamps I bought were damaged or broken in transit and in both cases Mercado pago refuded the purchase price and the cost of shipping (always prepaid with mercado envios) and also paid the seller the full sales price. I was never asked to return the damaged items. [/background]

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Except for "lamparas colgantes" (ceiling light fixtures), I am always happy to have the option to receive an item via mercado envios. [/background]

I've been using Mercado Envios (OCA) for sold items a couple of years now and I like it's simplicity.
Just print the OCA slip, walk next door to the OCA branch, which is really a papeleria, they pack it and ship it at no extra cost.
Never had a problem. Touch wood.

If you want to pay in cash for or pick up an item that is published with mercado envios as the method of delivery, it is imperative to click on modificar before making the purchase (clicking on comprar).

I am not absolutely certain you will always have the option to pay in cash or pick up the item in person, but if the item is published with the delivery by mercado envios, this is the only way I know of to have the option to retrieve the item in person and pay in cash.

It's entirely up to the seller whether or not to offer the option to retrieve the item in person and accept cash as payment when making the publication. In any case sellers are now "required" to accept Mercado pago regardless of the form of delivery.

If they only offer delivery by mercado envios it is still possible to ask them to modify the publication to allow pick up in person with a cash payment, in other words: Lo retiro en domicilio del vendedor.

I recently published an item for sale that was already in Capital Federal and required the buyer to retrieve the item in person. I also specified that the payment was to be made only in cash. ML quickly informed me that I was required to accept payment by mercado pago.

Back